NRA Action Pistol matches indoor Red Castle Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a G34 with a Ghost Ultimate connector. Hated that trigger so bad I sold the gun and found a brand new G17L, probably out of the last batch Glock made. It comes with the minus connector. Vast improvement and it's probably the best feeling Glock trigger I've ever shot, though I'm a pretty small sample size, 'cuz I just don't do Glocks but they are beginning to grow on me a little bit. Since it's a Glock part you'd be OK, I would think.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Helpful advice from everybody, thanks. Maybe I haven’t thought this thru. I used to compete for years with a smoothed up 1911. Do agree it is a much easier trigger to deal with. Just wanted to compete with my EDC. Those AP-2 targets (little tombstones), get pretty small out at fifty feet. Had a little trouble getting the three shot off on the two AP-1 targets with the weak hand. I’ll be working on that. Always noticed my Glock 17 did better at 20yds and beyond, than the 19.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Helpful advice from everybody, thanks. Maybe I haven’t thought this thru. I used to compete for years with a smoothed up 1911. Do agree it is a much easier trigger to deal with. Just wanted to compete with my EDC. Those AP-2 targets (little tombstones), get pretty small out at fifty feet. Had a little trouble getting the three shot off on the two AP-1 targets with the weak hand. I’ll be working on that. Always noticed my Glock 17 did better at 20yds and beyond, than the 19.

That changes mh ENTIRE take on this thing. If I were you I'd go ahead and change out the barrel but I'd think twice about lightening that trigger. There have been plenty of threads here over the years about how a DA might interpret your actions if you happen to be in a shooting. And/or how a high stress situation may or may not cause you to be more likely to squeeze off a round accidentally. I would add here I'm not really sure how true that might be, especially if you compete regularly, as I've had to pull my gun twice since I started carrying and my finger never touched the trigger, in large part because I had regular comp experience under my belt and I was able to concentrate on the men in question and not whether I could handle my gun. Still, that doesn't change how a DA, or the police, might or might not view a highly modified gun.

I should say my EDC (a 43) and my comp gun (a 34) are both glocks, but only my 34 has a lightened trigger connector. Both, however, have had a new barrel and both have had a 25-cent trigger job because I LOATHE that grating in the factory triggers. My EDC also has night sights.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very insightful advice, Annie. Couldn’t agree more with you. I’ve read about these concerns just lately. Thank you for your response. I was enthused and about to make a move I will now rethink.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't bought a Glock just yet, and you really want to carry a Glock, take a hard look at the Gen 5s. The trigger isn't really lighter but they are a definite improvement over the earlier generations. Also they are reportedly a fair bit more accurate with their new barrels so that would probably alleviate the need of buying a Lonewolf barrel too. The Ameriglo sights are light years ahead of those craptastic plastic things they put on the others. You might just not need to do anything at all to it. I got to shoot one this weekend and I might could actually grow to like them.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't bought a Glock just yet, and you really want to carry a Glock, take a hard look at the Gen 5s. The trigger isn't really lighter but they are a definite improvement over the earlier generations. Also they are reportedly a fair bit more accurate with their new barrels so that would probably alleviate the need of buying a Lonewolf barrel too. The Ameriglo sights are light years ahead of those craptastic plastic things they put on the others. You might just not need to do anything at all to it. I got to shoot one this weekend and I might could actually grow to like them.

I have to agree I’m pretty impressed with my two Gen 5s. I’m in a unique opportunity that may allow me to upgrade a couple of my match Gen 4s to Gen 5s this year.

Both my Gen 5s were Ameriglo models. I really like the narrower rear that you can only get from Glock. I did end up changing the front to the yellow/lime green version. Most prefer the orange outline, but my eyes pick up the green slight better on the ameriglo Pro front.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC when you go to a lighter connector, you also have to install a different trigger and firing pin spring to get the lighter trigger pull you seek. Be careful because the wrong weight on the firing pin spring can result in light primer strikes.

The lighter connector will have to be purchased aftermarket because Glock won’t sell it to anyone except LE with a letter from the department signed by the chief. Or, you can buy one of their target model guns and get one already installed.

Also, be careful with the 25c trigger job. Polish ONLY! Do not remove any metal from any of the surfaces.

Latest posts

Top Bottom