1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

NRA-ILA - Oklahoma: Pro-Gun Measures Have Continued to Advance Through the State Legislature

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by RugersGR8, Mar 18, 2021.

1. RugersGR8

RugersGR8 Sharpshooter

2. Hodrod

Hodrod Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Can't come soon enough....

3. HoLeChit

HoLeChit Semper Fidelis

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm a little suspicious about what "cleaning up the law/wording" means, but I am all about these new measures coming along, its definitely a step in the right direction in my eyes. I am, however, a little cautious about these things:

Fredkrueger100 and MacFromOK like this.
  4. wawazat

wawazat Sharpshooter

It may just be me, but I am not seeing anywhere in HB 1630 or SB 106 where it states or implies that an SDA permit would allow the purchase of a firearm from an FFL without waiting for the affirmative on the 4473 submission. Am I just being dense or is the summary of the amendments inaccurate?

rswink likes this.
  5. p238shooter

p238shooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Thanks for posting.

6. Fredkrueger100

Fredkrueger100 Come to Freddy!!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I like most of it but as was said i wonder what “cleaning up wording” entails. But I known Nathan Dahm is a supporter of the 2A. I ain’t worried about his bill. It makes me happy though seeing all these bills to move us in the right direction. I am still waiting on the bill to make it where we don’t have to adhere to federal gun laws here.

7. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    If you were looking at the Senate bill 925 cleaning up the wording, I think that is to say that if your being attacked and brandish your weapon, to defuse a situation, you can't be charged with brandishing which is in the current law.
    The new regulation if passed will allow private citizens as well as business owners to use their weapons as intended.
    This is a good regulation that needs to be passed for gun owners. When you read it, the portions that are stricken out is the bad wording that needs to be cleaned up.
    Read the proposed regulation here:
    http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/c...ENTS/Senate/SB925 (3-04-21) (DAHM) FS FA1.PDF

p238shooter likes this.