NRA/ORA stand on open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Throughout the recent debate there was some discussion about the NRA & ORA's lack of support for HB3354. One of the reps opposing 3354 in the over ride debate mentioned their lack of support as an argument to vote no.

I sent an email to Russ Cook asking his opinion on the matter but did not receive a response.

Why was the ORA silent on this issue? (one more reason why I did not renew my membership this year)

What is the NRA's position on open carry?

chevy4wd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are neutral because as an origination because they don't have anything to loose or gain. We need express they are about to loose members/money if they don't stick their necks out for us on this one.

neverjeg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have two NRA memberships in our family. I am now neutral on them. I would rather put the money into defeating the nays.

Please look at the open carry post this might still be alive!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...why r these people who were for it on the first vote opposing it on the override?

Politics.

They played the odds betting that Henry would veto the bill.

They won. Now they can say they voted progun. Those that changed their votes will leave that part out. Those that weaseled out by not voting at all on the override can say they voted for the bill and didn't vote not to override (or didn't change their vote). True because they didn't vote thus they didn't technically change it.

This situation is a good example of why so many politicians are considered slime balls.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why was the ORA silent on this issue? (one more reason why I did not renew my membership this year)

Because they are errelevant old coots that are more interested in their little spit and whittle club meetings at the local diner.And lobbying Ms.Tibbs to kill the bill last year in committee(not bring it to the floor).If I remember correctly(and I'm not saying I am,Icould be missinformed))I believe it was the ORA that worked on the drakonian(sp)1972 Oklaoma Firearms Act that put us in this untenable position in the first place.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I should ask a better question. Why is their position neutral?

Because the NRA is nothing more than a Political Union that claims to be Pro 2nd Amendment to the public, then compromises or does nothing to earn the money we send them. The NRA is in cahoots with the government....they were involved with writing the firearms freedom act. The NRA made a decision to be silent on Oklahoma's Open Carry....and even worse..they did not even attempt to contact or rally support of its members in Oklahoma. The NRA has been misleading since it was formed. For these reasons, numerous Pro 2nd Amendment executives have left the NRA and started true, no compromise organizations like the GOA or Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. Stop feeding the beast and hopefully it will DIE!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cowardly. The ORA won't be getting a nickle and the NRA will get my $25 at Wanenmacher's and nothing more. That's only for the OKCGC or else they'd get zilch as well.

Fixed it for ya! They're about as useful as these so called "conservatives" in the Republican party.

The NRA and ORA can both kiss my ass! :finger:

Latest posts

Top Bottom