Nutnfancy gear reviews.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His reviews are long winded but thorough. I enjoy his shooting vides the most, because through all the talk and nonsense, the real gold is when equipment fails. Guns that should be reliable aren't and equipment that should be durable wears out. That is essentially the core of what his channel is about. The rest of it is just BS for entertainment, ect. People get all hung up about how "untactical" he is in his shooting vids, but really that's not the point. The point of his shooting vids and courses is to test the durability and reliability of the equipment and firearms.

Lots of people get butthurt about his Glock 17 comment about it being the standard, but I think people are taking it out of context. The ones who complain about it are probably the ones who watch 5 minutes into a video and then bail and decide his reviews are crap or 1911 fanboys. He uses it as the standard for his reviews in terms of weight, capacity, accuracy, reliability and durability. It's what serves as the basis for other firearms that he reviews and it's serves as a point of reference. It's a good standard to use to judge all pistols in a service/duty type of role and it's a hard standard to beat. Also, if you watch his shooting vids (like trench warfare) the Glocks and Sigs almost always run flawless. XDs, SR9's and various 1911's will almost always fail in just normal run and gun situations. It's easy why he would consider the Glock 17 to be the "standard" to be used to measure all other guns in his reviews.

His philosophy vids are decent, but really just regurgitating a lot of what most people already know and/or think. His outdoor / camping vids are actually excellent and I've learned a lot from those vids. His shooting vids are worth it, not for the "tactical" elements, but for seeing what equipment works and fails. Overall, he is a bit of douche and a little full of himself. He talks waaaay too much and waaaay too long. However, this is why he has tons of subscribers and viewers. People like to watch douchebags with ego, not normal everyday folk like you and me :)

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard that on multiple reviews of his. That is what turned me of to his "reviews". Being a LEO or retired military makes him qualified to say what is and isnt? Hmmm..And why would anyone in their right mind make a 2 part 1 hour video of a handgun...if yor just gunna compare every gun to a g17
There was a little war between him and another YouTube personality. Through this his credibility came into question. IIRC he was never full time military or LEO. His "experience" with all this kit come from flying tankers/cargo aircraft for the USAF reserves and being a reserve LEO, IIRC. He was never an "operator".

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His reviews are long winded but thorough. I enjoy his shooting vides the most, because through all the talk and nonsense, the real gold is when equipment fails. Guns that should be reliable aren't and equipment that should be durable wears out. That is essentially the core of what his channel is about. The rest of it is just BS for entertainment, ect. People get all hung up about how "untactical" he is in his shooting vids, but really that's not the point. The point of his shooting vids and courses is to test the durability and reliability of the equipment and firearms.

Lots of people get butthurt about his Glock 17 comment about it being the standard, but I think people are taking it out of context. The ones who complain about it are probably the ones who watch 5 minutes into a video and then bail and decide his reviews are crap or 1911 fanboys. He uses it as the standard for his reviews in terms of weight, capacity, accuracy, reliability and durability. It's what serves as the basis for other firearms that he reviews and it's serves as a point of reference. It's a good standard to use to judge all pistols in a service/duty type of role and it's a hard standard to beat. Also, if you watch his shooting vids (like trench warfare) the Glocks and Sigs almost always run flawless. XDs, SR9's and various 1911's will almost always fail in just normal run and gun situations. It's easy why he would consider the Glock 17 to be the "standard" to be used to measure all other guns in his reviews.

His philosophy vids are decent, but really just regurgitating a lot of what most people already know and/or think. His outdoor / camping vids are actually excellent and I've learned a lot from those vids. His shooting vids are worth it, not for the "tactical" elements, but for seeing what equipment works and fails. Overall, he is a bit of douche and a little full of himself. He talks waaaay too much and waaaay too long. However, this is why he has tons of subscribers and viewers. People like to watch douchebags with ego, not normal everyday folk like you and me :)

WOW you guys are jealous of NUTNFANCY nice compliment, He says in every review "im not the knowall on this, just my opinion" this guy is spot on about 85% of the time (at least in my opinion) keep the great vids comeing NUT

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jealous? What do I have to be jealous of? My dislike for him comes from my personal sound reasons. I personally, from my expierence, disagree with a large portion of what he has said in the videos I watched. He lacks the qualification and first hand knowledge to make the claims that he does, and does more harm than good for people that are trying to start buying kit. IMHO, ymmv, etc...

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jealous? What do I have to be jealous of? My dislike for him comes from my personal sound reasons. I personally, from my expierence, disagree with a large portion of what he has said in the videos I watched. He lacks the qualification and first hand knowledge to make the claims that he does, and does more harm than good for people that are trying to start buying kit. IMHO, ymmv, etc...

I will slightly disagree with you. Yes he does not have "operator" or "combat" experience. But what he does do and proves time and time again, is use a set metric for grading firearms/gear after he himself and others ( friends son manufacturer reps etc) run the guns thru hundred's or thousands of rounds. How can one guys stated opinion do more harm than good? He called out Kel-tec with the rep there when the rep brought a "cherry picked" pf9 and it had multiple failures. Thats balls honesty and adds to his credibility more than the guns rags who polish the bad stuff up to keep ad revenue. But I do skip around in his vids alot. 20 minutes to start every vid with how he is going to do the review is getting old.

Hickok45 was never enlisted/saw combat nor ever leo. yet i respect his reviews based on the experience he does have and the details he goes into.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hickok also isn't pompous, doesn't try to be tacticool "run and gun" go out to the mountains to shoot and say "away,yea this is Afghanistan right here" before setting up. Plus hickok shoots,makes concise thought out points,then shoots again.

My beef with ntnfancy, besides his entire personality, is that he recommends products such as the condor PC's, when the TAG Banished or Tyr tactical offerings are of superior quality at a similar price point. For example.

This is a nice necro post. How'd you even find this thread btw?

Latest posts

Top Bottom