Nylon Reinforced (or double-layer) Belts in 1.5" for EDC... What are my options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a Wilderness Tactical, but I've seen a few smaller makers out there and wondered if there are a bunch of choices I haven't seen yet that make a decent heavy-duty/reinforced 1.5" belt (almost all the instructor belts I've seen are 1.75" or thicker).

I've got some Looper Leather kydex belts, so I'm covered in the leather department, but I'm really looking for something for casual EDC (i.e. cargo pants or shorts).

5.11's TDU belt (and I think Spec Ops "Better BDU") is single-layer but I'm really looking for either a double-layer or double-layer with a kydex core (something stiff enough to hold it's shape under the weight of either an IWB or OWB holster). I like the Bison so far, but I'd probably rather have a Wilderness.

I've seen Jones Tactical, but don't know anyone who owns one.

Anyone have any feedback on either big-brand or little-guy built nylon reinforced belts? What are some other choices besides what I listed?

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been eyeing those wilderness tactical belts too, multipurpose, practical and not too expensive. I went with a locally made double stitch leather for my first gun belt, so I could use it for slightly dressier occasions but something casual would be nice. I've heard tons of good stuff about the wilderness brand, it seems a lot of people use them.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

AGREED! I really like mine! I have an SOE belt that is collecting dust ever since I got this Ranger

Oh, and Larue has them in stock, no need to wait the 4 weeks required if ordering straight from Ares.(plus you'll get a "dillo" and some "dillo dust" in the box from Larue)
http://www.laruetactical.com/ranger-belt-ares-gear
[Broken External Image]

www.laruetactical.com_sites_default_files_img_6886_black.jpg

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those Larue ones look nice. I've got a Blackhawk CQB Riggers on right now that I love but it's a 1.75" width, fits into every pair of jeans I've tired it with so far though.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got one of these a few weeks ago and love it. I use it with a Crossbreed Holster and it is rock solid.

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0019MT702?tag=adapas02-20

$32 shipped if you have Amazon Prime.

I also have one of the lighter weight 5.11 belts and like it but it's not stiff enough to use with a holster. This one is nice and stiff. (that's what she said)

I ordered a size larger than I thought I would need based on the comments and that turned out to be the right decision.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Wilderness belt is specatacular. Order two to four belt sizes above your actual belt size. Whoever came up with their sizing scheme should be shot more than once.

Latest posts

Top Bottom