O. S. U.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ,you are saying that an offensive coordinator has no influence on anything that happens concerning the football program?

I am pointing out that an offensive coordinator does have considerable influence on a college football program. Gundy was second to Miles when they both were going for the head coaching job at OSU. Miles got it and Gundy was hired too as offensive coordinator. Gundy was basically second in command right behind Miles.

No straw grasping. Those are facts about how it was and is. Gundy was a big part of the program when Miles was there.

An offensive coordinator does have significant influence on who is in the program but the head guy ultimately decides who stay or who goes. OK State took some chances on guys because that's what you do when you are trying to build a winning program from a nobody. They took on projects that OU would not have bothered with because they didn't have as many options for good players. I'd like to think that OSU has built their program up from there and does not have to take on as many projects.

Just judging from how many bad apples got let go after Gundy took over, I would say there were disagreements with Miles over certain personnel decisions. I think Gundy has tried his best to run the program the right way and the shame of this article is that it marginalizes 10 years of hard work and investment in improving the program.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do see that OSU is a better program since Miles left. I never did like Miles. I see Miles as the coach with no brain.

There was an LSU game that I was watching to see Miles lose. It had been close the whole game. I tuned in during the fourth quarter after watching another game.

With LSU behind in the last minutes of the game they faced fourth and short. They had gone for it on fourth and short four times in the game already. The announcer said "that is a no brainier". LSU made it and ended up scoring and winning the game.

Since that game Miles has been the coach with no brain to me. I hate that he left Gundy to put up with this stink now.

Gundy will have to deal with it way more than Miles will. I hope that Gundy does not leave to get this behind him. Things like this can inspire coaches to leave like Pete Carrol did at USC. I see Gundy as the best coach that OSU has ever had and he needs to stay.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ,you are saying that an offensive coordinator has no influence on anything that happens concerning the football program?

I am pointing out that an offensive coordinator does have considerable influence on a college football program. Gundy was second to Miles when they both were going for the head coaching job at OSU. Miles got it and Gundy was hired too as offensive coordinator. Gundy was basically second in command right behind Miles.

No straw grasping. Those are facts about how it was and is. Gundy was a big part of the program when Miles was there.

Yeah, well, that ain't right.

Miles got the top job, and he was made to hire Gundy as his OC. Miles hated that he wasn't able to build his own staff, and there was never any love lost between the 2 of them, and there still isn't.

Miles ran the program. Period. You can say differently all day long, but you'll just be wrong, all day long.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there is an investigation politics could play a role in the outcome. Look what the NCAA found on Miami. The Miami president is a former politician, a Dimocrat, and a lesbian. Nothing has happened to Miami yet.

The NCAA has claimed they botched the investigation. Will there be any punishment?

We have a Dimocrat President that has stuck his nose in the NCAAs business by threatening to make them start a playoff and then they did start a playoff.

OSUs school president is a former head of the state Republican Party. OSU is gonna get in trouble.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, well, that ain't right.

Miles got the top job, and he was made to hire Gundy as his OC. Miles hated that he wasn't able to build his own staff, and there was never any love lost between the 2 of them, and there still isn't.

Miles ran the program. Period. You can say differently all day long, but you'll just be wrong, all day long.

Wouldn't that indicate that Gundy had some pull with Miles boss which would mean that he had influence. It is obvious that Gundy was hired to replace Miles when he left. Gundy was the coach in waiting.

I am right about that all day long.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSU has built the football team in the past under Jimmy Johnson. He did it with bad characters too. He did learn from Switzer.

OSUs problem hasn't been getting good players it has been keeping good coaches. They have had great coaches in the past and those coaches were just using OSU as a stepping stone. Yes, great coaches have dreams of national championships and knew they had to leave to get one.

Keeping Gundy is important.

Latest posts

Top Bottom