OC Arrest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happened here is the man is trying to test the boundaries of OC. Now I want to ask everyone what is the problem with having an otherwise legal gun in a polling place? Everyone that votes are law abiding adult citizens with no felonies or they couldn't vote. If you have passed the background check and can vote you are also law abiding. So you are a noncriminal and you are going to a place where only noncriminals have any reason to go. What is the problem?

Instead of wondering why the man is so stupid why aren't we discussing why it is stupid to keep him out of the place he went with his gun? I am not an OC advocate but I am curious about the mindset of the comments I have read on this thread.

I am glad that the law has been changed as much as it has but I think that if this is a gray area of the SDA that it should be decided on the side of the otherwise law abiding citizens.

I don't think having a gun in a polling place is really an issue, but then again, I don't think having a gun in a post office is either. I think there might be an intimidation factor in openly carrying one into a polling place. Regardless of what you might or might not think of another's phobias in a general public location, would you be comfortable being the reason someone decided to not vote because they saw you entering/in line with an openly displayed gun? I wouldn't. Voting is a right and a responsibility. As I've stated, there are plenty of places to be a test case for OC if you choose to be one, but a polling place is the very last place to do it. It's just not cool. :(

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today will make the 3rd business day following the arrest (excluding the holliday and weekend) so something will likely happen today as far as charges filed or release.

Maybe not. I've seen the DA take up to 9 or 10 days to file....

This is the status as of today on ODCR:

"RETURN WARRANT OF ARREST ISSUED 11-19-2012, CLEARED 11-20-2012
Document Unavailable (#1019830138)"

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe not. I've seen the DA take up to 9 or 10 days to file....

This is the status as of today on ODCR:

"RETURN WARRANT OF ARREST ISSUED 11-19-2012, CLEARED 11-20-2012
Document Unavailable (#1019830138)"

Not sure what that means.

Sounds like they are going to release him?
We do have a new federal law that allows them to hold you indefinitely without charges or a trial (thanks Broncobama)

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think having a gun in a polling place is really an issue, but then again, I don't think having a gun in a post office is either. I think there might be an intimidation factor in openly carrying one into a polling place. Regardless of what you might or might not think of another's phobias in a general public location, would you be comfortable being the reason someone decided to not vote because they saw you entering/in line with an openly displayed gun? I wouldn't. Voting is a right and a responsibility. As I've stated, there are plenty of places to be a test case for OC if you choose to be one, but a polling place is the very last place to do it. It's just not cool. :(

First you say it is not an issue then lastly you say it is not cool. If it isn't an issue it shouldn't be "not cool".

So the intimidation factor would only apply to people that are not using reason and logic. Do we want people like that voting? Does that means Obama voters? I do understand the concerns and they are valid concerns. They just shouldn't be concerns at all.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like they are going to release him?
We do have a new federal law that allows them to hold you indefinitely without charges or a trial (thanks Broncobama)

Actually just checked with Mrs. SMS....Return Warrant just means he was arrested and the fulfilled warrant was returned to the court.

I believe the man is free on bond so he isn't being held indefinately. He's free pending the filing of charges.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First you say it is not an issue then lastly you say it is not cool. If it isn't an issue it shouldn't be "not cool".

So the intimidation factor would only apply to people that are not using reason and logic. Do we want people like that voting? Does that means Obama voters? I do understand the concerns and they are valid concerns. They just shouldn't be concerns at all.

You misquote me sir. I said I don't (personally) see an issue with having a firearm in a polling place. I do see an issue with letting everyone within eyesight know that you have it. Like I said, some people have phobias, whether rational or not. They may otherwise be perfectly normal and reasoning on matters related to voting. Until we start applying a litmus test to voters on intelligence and reasoning, I fail to see how openly carrying a gun into a polling place is doing anyone any good. That includes those of us who are fully supportive of 2A rights, up to and including the so-called "constitutional carry".

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm surprised someone hasn't taken the simple step of driving by The Fountains at Canterbury to see if the property is posted No Carry. If it is, most of the discussion is moot....

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm surprised someone hasn't taken the simple step of driving by The Fountains at Canterbury to see if the property is posted No Carry. If it is, most of the discussion is moot....

It would not matter now if they were posted or not. What would matter is if they were posted on election day or not.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would not matter now if they were posted or not. What would matter is if they were posted on election day or not.

If it's NOT posted now, it's highly unlikely they have removed the signs since election day.

Either way it might help shed some light while we all speculate pending the actual charges, or lack thereof.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You misquote me sir. I said I don't (personally) see an issue with having a firearm in a polling place. I do see an issue with letting everyone within eyesight know that you have it. Like I said, some people have phobias, whether rational or not. They may otherwise be perfectly normal and reasoning on matters related to voting. Until we start applying a litmus test to voters on intelligence and reasoning, I fail to see how openly carrying a gun into a polling place is doing anyone any good. That includes those of us who are fully supportive of 2A rights, up to and including the so-called "constitutional carry".

I am sorry if I misquoted you, I don't think that I did. I fail to see how carrying a gun into a polling place is doing anyone any harm. Phobias should not be a factor in deciding what is right or wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom