OC Arrest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hiding from people afraid of guns will eventually lead to losing our guns rights. Those people need to see that guns aren't bad.

I disagree, we've been hiding our guns since CC was passed in '95 and before...now fast forward 17 years and we have OC....how did hiding our guns up to 2012 result in losing our gun rights?

I am not against OC being legal I just think it should be a selectively used option with consideration given to the environment, circumstances, and audience.

I like guns and I use them. I also like, and use, cooter and boobs but I don't think women should walk around with them hanging out all the time.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I said it the way I meant to say it. If a person was intimidated by a gun in a polling place they could wait five minutes and vote after the gun left. The intimidation wouldn't happen after the gun was no longer there. Do you think the gun would make them start crying and run home and hide for the rest of the day?

I assume that someone that would be intimidated would call the police. The police would respond correctly. Young children wanting to shoot every gun has nothing to do with an open carry gun in a polling place. If you want to use facts about carrying guns it is a fact that criminals are intimidated by concealed carry because they don't know it isn't there. Voters are not criminals.

Let's think about societal norms. The gay rights movement knows how to change them. They flaunt their behavior in the open. They call people that doesn't like it names. It is working. The countries attitude about gays is changing.

Hiding from people afraid of guns will eventually lead to losing our guns rights. Those people need to see that guns aren't bad. The day that we can wear a gun in a polling place openly will be a good day. There is nothing wrong with it now. You need to get over your fear of other peoples phobias.

If you said it the way you meant it, then you have misrepresented my position. I'm talking apples and you're talking oranges. I don't disagree with open carry as a law and I'm glad we have it, but you'll never get me to agree that OC at polling stations is a good idea, or that it's a positive way to promote gun rights. Feel free to continue tilting at windmills though, I'm out! :)

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's think about societal norms. The gay rights movement knows how to change them. They flaunt their behavior in the open. They call people that doesn't like it names. It is working. The countries attitude about gays is changing.

Man, you are right on the money!!

I agree, let's be obnoxious, flaunt our agenda, and organize marches and parades. Maybe we can even get the Governor to dedicate us our own Day!!

We could dress up in boas, feathers, G-strings, leather harnesses and holsters! Make cute little signs like "Don't keep your weapon in your pants, hang it out for all to see!!"

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, glocktogo, I think you are saying that guns should not be open in a polling place because uninformed, biased, irrational people are afraid of them. ( my adjectives not yours) I am saying that it shouldn't be that way. That is not apples to oranges. If people saw law abiding citizens carrying guns they would lose their phobias and then the societal norm would be different. Then we could open carry into a polling place and it would be cool.

I have carried open one time and felt uneasy about it. I have my own phobia about it too. I have yet to see someone else open carrying. I just don't see anything wrong about an open gun in a polling place.

gillman7, lol!!! We could have targets with each ring a different color of the rainbow? A southern accent instead of a lisp? Handcuffs would be too much. Can we get lavender camo?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, glocktogo, I think you are saying that guns should not be open in a polling place because uninformed, biased, irrational people are afraid of them. ( my adjectives not yours) I am saying that it shouldn't be that way. That is not apples to oranges. If people saw law abiding citizens carrying guns they would lose their phobias and then the societal norm would be different. Then we could open carry into a polling place and it would be cool.

I have carried open one time and felt uneasy about it. I have my own phobia about it too. I have yet to see someone else open carrying. I just don't see anything wrong about an open gun in a polling place.

gillman7, lol!!! We could have targets with each ring a different color of the rainbow? A southern accent instead of a lisp? Handcuffs would be too much. Can we get lavender camo?

I can agree with the bolded statements, except that a polling place isn't the place to do it, particularly in the 1st week of OC.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He plead not guilty. Out on bond, next hearing on Jan 24th.

12-18-2012 CTARR - SISSON, ETHAN AARON 73265713 Dec 18 2012 4:28:16:603PM - $ 0.00
JUDGE HALL: DEFENDANT PRESENT, OUT OF CUSTODY. ARRAIGNMENT HELD. DEFENDANT WAIVES READING OF THE INFORMATION AND FURTHER TIME TO PLEAD. DEFENDANT ENTERS A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY. DISPOSITION HEARING SET FOR 1-24-13 @8AM BEFORE JUDGE HALL. BOND SET IN THE AMOUNT OF $4000

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought for sure they'd go for the slam dunk trespass. My opinion is still that this won't stick due to the wording of the law, intended or not. My opinion is also worth squat, but I'll still show it to ya.

Latest posts

Top Bottom