OC'er Confronted By Arbys Manager

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The manager was probably jealous that he couldn't carry on the job. Wouldn't be surprised if several businesses are posted by managers that feel "if they can't carry in here, the customers can't either" due to company policy.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only way to get the sheeple more comfortable and accepting of OC is to keep OCing. It sounds like this manager tried to enforce his own personal beliefs and was not familiar with corporate policy. He needed to be educated. Whether or not he learned anything remains to be seen.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is your choice and it is completely ok. This is arbys, it is hardly worth 20 bucks to prove to someone that I am right(not to mention a tresspassing ticket). I would just email the owner. If this is one owned by US Beef Corp, everyone already knows their policy. They tolerate concealed carry but they do not like open carry at this time.

It is still very early in the open carry scene. We do not need to do anything that will put a bad taste in anyone's mouth. We need to win over as many people as we can.

I have to disagree on the money standpoint. It is poor form to accept one's money and THEN tell them to leave because you don't like them. One way or another, I would not patronize an anti-gun establishment. As you stated, the manager is an authorized representative of the store owner.

Therefore he should refund the money if he's asking the patron to leave. if he tells the patron to leave, he should take the receipt and refund the purchase, even if he has to carry it outside. I agree with SMS. You're not running me out with a half eaten meal in a sack when I'm doing nothing wrong and you just don't like it. neither you nor the store manager have any right to make a decision about my money, even if its only "20 bucks". :(

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I really do not believe in pompous open carry. Your rights or not, business owners rights trumps them. He also does not give a refund for anything. If asked to leave, you have to leave. He was being nice asking you to basically conceal it by saying put it in the car.

That is just my opinion.

Who said he was being pompous? He was just OC'ing, and the other guy asked about it. You're the only one assuming that he was being "pompous" about it and parading around."

I strongly disagree with the bolded part. I know current legal precedent says you're right, but the US Constitution says absolutely squat about "business owners rights." So to me that means that your 2A right trumps the business owner rights.

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to disagree on the money standpoint. It is poor form to accept one's money and THEN tell them to leave because you don't like them. One way or another, I would not patronize an anti-gun establishment. As you stated, the manager is an authorized representative of the store owner.

Therefore he should refund the money if he's asking the patron to leave. if he tells the patron to leave, he should take the receipt and refund the purchase, even if he has to carry it outside. I agree with SMS. You're not running me out with a half eaten meal in a sack when I'm doing nothing wrong and you just don't like it. neither you nor the store manager have any right to make a decision about my money, even if its only "20 bucks". :(

I share this same view. If I were in this position, I would certainly respect the manager/business owner's wishes but how they handle it would determine if I return (i.e, the refund). The establishment wasn't posted so they likely don't prohibit CC and that is enough support for my business given the situation handled correctly and service is respectable.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What I meant by that it is a fast food restaurant. Being able to eat inside the restaurant is a plus. If you happen to be in a non self serve restaurant I would agree. I am sure a non manager employee took the order and delivered the food. Then the manager came out. He didn't ask anyone to leave, he asked him to take it to his car which I take as go conceal it. We all remember our emails from US Beef corp right? They took down the signs but did not change their policies.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who said he was being pompous? He was just OC'ing, and the other guy asked about it. You're the only one assuming that he was being "pompous" about it and parading around."

I strongly disagree with the bolded part. I know current legal precedent says you're right, but the US Constitution says absolutely squat about "business owners rights." So to me that means that your 2A right trumps the business owner rights.

I am a strong believer in you you have your rights as long as it does not infringe on my rights. Business owners rights is the same as domain rights. I have the right to deny entry into my home to anyone.

So if a thuggish looking man wants to enter your home, would you let him?

Latest posts

Top Bottom