OC'er Confronted By Arbys Manager

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would just go get me some tacos from Jack in the Box.

At first I was going to argue against the idea of "it's only $20", as $20 may be a lot for some people (I say that implying nothing about the OP), but unlike items on a fast food menu, your principles aren't something you can affix a monetary value.

So onto my serious statement -- Do your tastebuds not work? I have no idea why people are in love with these cold, greasy, just-add-water, gritty powdered beef mix tacos.

Yuck.

:P

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At first I was going to argue against the idea of "it's only $20", as $20 may be a lot for some people (I say that implying nothing about the OP), but unlike items on a fast food menu, your principles aren't something you can affix a monetary value.

So onto my serious statement -- Do your tastebuds not work? I have no idea why people are in love with these cold, greasy, just-add-water, gritty powdered beef mix tacos.

Yuck.

:P

LOLOLOLOL, A Jack in the Box manager assured me those are 100% beef, at least he said he'd look in the policy book for it.

Of course someone's principles are worth more than $20, but being arrested over a protest about being asked to conceal or put the gun in the car is hardly worth $20.

The smart thing would be to start the princinples protest NOT convicted of trespassing and with a letter to the owner.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely not. I am strong support of open carry. I am headed to a meeting. Will define it later.

I'm still waiting for YOUR definition of "pompous open carry".

Please include examples of open carry that YOU define as "pompous" as well as those YOU approve.

I'd also like to know how YOU know which is which just by looking!!

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for YOUR definition of "pompous open carry".

Please include examples of open carry that YOU define as "pompous" as well as those YOU approve.

here here!

Fellas, gotta pay more attention, this question was already answered....twice.

Jeff''s (Cue) meaning of "pompous" open carry falls more to ostentatious carry. Carrying open for the sake of people seeing it and supposedly being deterred from "messing" with the carrier.
His pompous statement was more rhetorical and not a direct label of the OP's actions.

Thank you stephen. That is what I meant by pompous open carry

I will also say it again, our definition of Ostentatious (pompous) carry is carrying openly strictly as a deterrent to frighten others as to not be "messed" with.

If a gun is carried openly for convenience and/or comfortability, we have no issue with it. If it is for the reason above, its very immature and more likely to cause problems.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't mud things up by posting facts, laws or quotes... that will lead to ostentations replies.

:)

This thread exists for one reason and one reason only, to give people a chance to express what their opinion of open carry is, or should be.

I will also say it again, our definition of Ostentatious (pompous) carry is carrying openly strictly as a deterrent to frighten others as to not be "messed" with.

If a gun is carried openly for convenience and/or comfortability, we have no issue with it. If it is for the reason above, its very immature and more likely to cause problems.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I just went back and looked, and, the only explanation I saw was from you and he later agreed with YOUR definition, he made the original statement, he needs to own it. Please let him answer for himself!!

Since Cue basically accused the original poster of "pompous open carry" and stated that he didn't believe in it, I'd like HIM to answer the following:

What is YOUR definition of "pompous open carry".

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why are you so focused on Cue's opinion about anything? I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss the legalities of a manager legally informing a customer that his store prohibits open carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom