OC'er Confronted By Arbys Manager

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyway, I guess I'll ask a question to get us somewhat back on track. If a business open to the public is private property, what constitutes public property? I understand parks are as they are trying to ban carry there. Where are you supposed to carry other than your own property when you need permission from owners everywhere you will go to exercise your 2nd amendment rights? Please don't wuss out with an answer like, "concealed is concealed."

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyway, I guess I'll ask a question to get us somewhat back on track. If a business open to the public is private property, what constitutes public property? I understand parks are as they are trying to ban carry there. Where are you supposed to carry other than your own property when you need permission from owners everywhere you will go to exercise your 2nd amendment rights? Please don't wuss out with an answer like, "concealed is concealed."

This is the only thing that matter. The opinions that litter this thread mean absolutely nothing and won't keep you out of jail or trouble should the SHTF...
http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2012.pdf

Read that, learn that, know that, live that.... everything you need to know is contained within.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Public property is that property which is OWNED and/or held in trust by a governmental unit.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have handled the situation differently. The law doesn't say you have to prove to anyone but a LEO that you are legally carrying a gun. The manager had no legal right to ask and see your CCL. If he would have came up to me and asked if I was a cop I would have told him it's none of his business and I would like to be left alone. It is his right to call the cops and have them come and check my CCL. I will show them and then I would let them explain the law to him.

If someones first question is "are you a cop" then you can guess they have a fear of guns and have an opinion that only cops should have a gun and are ignorant of the law. Any discussion after that would be a waste of time. Let the cops explain the law because the manager won't believe or care about anything you say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom