October 24th Rifle Match @ USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will be shooting 200 yd steel and 50 yds on clays. There will be a stage involving vehicles, yes shootin over an into them.

C'mon...how about you put those clays at 200. ;)

Josh, you need any help setting up? I'm staying in Tulsa overnight since I'm shooting both matches.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm going to sight in my rifle at 50 yards and then its "pretty close" or "close enough" at 200. Just hope it isn't windy on Sunday

Any guess on the round count per stage?

Just trying to figure out what all I need to bring.

And its rifle only? No short range transition to back-up pistol shots?

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man this is SOOOO tempting....my rifle isn't sighted in yet though....oh yea and it weighs like 25 pounds LOL

I'm going to TCGC on Thursday or Friday to figure out my adjustments for the ammo I'm running Sunday and to see if my POI shifted after adding this cute little Rolling Thunder comp. :D You're again welcome to join. You could even shoot my rifle Sunday if yours really is too heavy to shoot for 45 seconds at a time. :owned3:

If your zero is halfway decent wind isn't going to be much of a factor for minute-of-flasher.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to TCGC on Thursday or Friday to figure out my adjustments for the ammo I'm running Sunday and to see if my POI shifted after adding this cute little Rolling Thunder comp. :D You're again welcome to join. You could even shoot my rifle Sunday if yours really is too heavy to shoot for 45 seconds at a time. :owned3:

If your zero is halfway decent wind isn't going to be much of a factor for minute-of-flasher.

That shouldn't be an issue for me (6 pounds 15 ounces with a full 30 rd P-Mag inserted). I'm more concerned that my rig is not optimized for minute of clay bird. It's more of a minute of man rig. Oh well, all you can do is try! :)

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That shouldn't be an issue for me (6 pounds 15 ounces with a full 30 rd P-Mag inserted). I'm more concerned that my rig is not optimized for minute of clay bird. It's more of a minute of man rig. Oh well, all you can do is try! :)

Are you talking about the giggle switch gun? :wink2: That's always an option!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about the giggle switch gun? :wink2: That's always an option!

Nah, it's getting a well deserved rest. I just got through torture testing it, 800 rounds with no lube or cleaning. It's pretty light without the can though. I have a DPMS lower with a 16" Pro-Ordinance upper and Micro Dot. It's my "practical" match gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom