October 24th Rifle Match @ USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sign in will start at 9. Will be using USPSA rules with OKCGC scoring.

I have a question before the match tomorrow.

Since we are using these rules and I assume an IPSC target, it states in the rules that it must have 2 shots, will I get a penalty if I have more then 2 shots in the target? If no, will they give me the 2 best shots or will they count all 3?

Also, as far as gear, Josh stated at least 3 mags. Now does it matter what I use to carry the mags, or must they be secure at all times?

Thanks ahead of time.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a question before the match tomorrow.

Since we are using these rules and I assume an IPSC target, it states in the rules that it must have 2 shots, will I get a penalty if I have more then 2 shots in the target? If no, will they give me the 2 best shots or will they count all 3?

Also, as far as gear, Josh stated at least 3 mags. Now does it matter what I use to carry the mags, or must they be secure at all times?

Thanks ahead of time.

Unless the stage is designated "Virginia" count you can shoot as many rounds as you want and the best two will be scored. If a stage is Virginia count there is a penalty for extra shots. I don't really expect there to be any Virginia count stages though.

As far as carrying mags, I don't think it matters much as far as the rules go... Ar mags can even be carried in pockets fairly well when nothing else is available.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So basically make the 2 shots count. I also assume they are going to have a specific count for each stage?

Unless the stage is designated "Virginia" count you can shoot as many rounds as you want and the best two will be scored. If a stage is Virginia count there is a penalty for extra shots. I don't really expect there to be any Virginia count stages though.

As far as carrying mags, I don't think it matters much as far as the rules go... Ar mags can even be carried in pockets fairly well when nothing else is available.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So basically make the 2 shots count. I also assume they are going to have a specific count for each stage?

Not exaclty... Fewer shots is quicker, but you can make up shots if necessary. There aren't many instances where the number of shots is limited. There will be a specific number of targets per stage and this will dictate the number of required shots but doesn't limit the number of shots you can take.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not exaclty... Fewer shots is quicker, but you can make up shots if necessary. There aren't many instances where the number of shots is limited. There will be a specific number of targets per stage and this will dictate the number of required shots but doesn't limit the number of shots you can take.

Reason I ask is I thought I read where it said they give extra time for a shot that didn't hit? Anyways, I'll figure it out tomorrow :P Look for me, I'll probably be the only Asian there :P

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reason I ask is I thought I read where it said they give extra time for a shot that didn't hit? Anyways, I'll figure it out tomorrow :P Look for me, I'll probably be the only Asian there :P

You're not penalized for extra shots, but you are penalized for not hitting the target. Make sense?

Bevenue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Look at it this way:

The best 2 hits are scored.

EXAMPLE: I have one target to shoot. I hit it with my first shot but the next 22 shots miss the target. Then I slow down and aim the gun and get my second hit. Only the 2 that hit the target are scored the others are thrown out.

Now if i take two shots and one is a hit, the other is a miss. The miss will be counted counted.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at it this way:

The best 2 hits are scored.

EXAMPLE: I have one target to shoot. I hit it with my first shot but the next 22 shots miss the target. Then I slow down and aim the gun and get my second hit. Only the 2 that hit the target are scored the others are thrown out.

Now if i take two shots and one is a hit, the other is a miss. The miss will be counted counted.

Hmm, okay, too me that sounds contradicting. LOL, I'll figure it out tomorrow ;) I'm sure there will be lots of people there that will help. See you all tomorrow, gotta hang with the fam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom