Odocoileus virginianus pic thread 2020/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
20201121_094800.jpg
Ok so it was slow early then deer started going everywhere, just feeding and traveling no chasing. Then I hear chasing and grunting behind me but only can catch glimpses of them. As I was turning back around I realized I hadn't looked back over the older shoulder in a while and here comes a doe about 200y out and I can see rack above the cut milo following her, definitely something I wanted to shoot. As I got my shooting stick situated they turned straight away and finally stopped about 450y out. Watched them for a bit and then they both laid down. I moved a couple hundred yards down the edge of the field by dropping down into the creek.. A few minutes go by and another buck follows their scent and the doe gets up and they look at each other for a few minutes. Eventually the smaller buck chases her about 200y to the north of me but the big one is still bedded. A few more minutes go by and he starts headed to me, then lays down again! He has a limp but didn't look like anything too debilitating. A few more minutes goes by and he's up again and ends up getting 100y north of me and hit him with the 6mm Rem, he kicks and trots and I put 6mm Rem round two in him and he fell. Very small body for his age, haven't weighed him yet but I bet he won't weigh 170lbs max.

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so it was slow early then deer started going everywhere, just feeding and traveling no chasing. Then I hear chasing and grunting behind me but only can catch glimpses of them. As I was turning back around I realized I hadn't looked back over the older shoulder in a while and here comes a doe about 200y out and I can see rack above the cut milo following her, definitely something I wanted to shoot. As I got my shooting stick situated they turned straight away and finally stopped about 450y out. Watched them for a bit and then they both laid down. I moved a couple hundred yards down the edge of the field by dropping down into the creek.. A few minutes go by and another buck follows their scent and the doe gets up and they look at each other for a few minutes. Eventually the smaller buck chases her about 200y to the north of me but the big one is still bedded. A few more minutes go by and he starts headed to me, then lays down again! He has a limp but didn't look like anything too debilitating. A few more minutes goes by and he's up again and ends up getting 100y north of me and hit him with the 6mm Rem, he kicks and trots and I put 6mm Rem round two in him and he fell. Very small body for his age, haven't weighed him yet but I bet he won't weigh 170lbs max.View attachment 181198 View attachment 181199 View attachment 181200

OUTSTANDING! And with the 6mm makes it even better! Got some age on him.

Oklahomahunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so it was slow early then deer started going everywhere, just feeding and traveling no chasing. Then I hear chasing and grunting behind me but only can catch glimpses of them. As I was turning back around I realized I hadn't looked back over the older shoulder in a while and here comes a doe about 200y out and I can see rack above the cut milo following her, definitely something I wanted to shoot. As I got my shooting stick situated they turned straight away and finally stopped about 450y out. Watched them for a bit and then they both laid down. I moved a couple hundred yards down the edge of the field by dropping down into the creek.. A few minutes go by and another buck follows their scent and the doe gets up and they look at each other for a few minutes. Eventually the smaller buck chases her about 200y to the north of me but the big one is still bedded. A few more minutes go by and he starts headed to me, then lays down again! He has a limp but didn't look like anything too debilitating. A few more minutes goes by and he's up again and ends up getting 100y north of me and hit him with the 6mm Rem, he kicks and trots and I put 6mm Rem round two in him and he fell. Very small body for his age, haven't weighed him yet but I bet he won't weigh 170lbs max.View attachment 181198 View attachment 181199 View attachment 181200

That’s a stud all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really like that deer. Congratulations.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big sister shot this buck after we had her sisters taken care of but we couldn't find it. Knew she hit him but no blood. After lunch and a quick nap we started over and found him after a couple hours. Heart shot and still went about 400 yards in a huge arc. He was laying in a locust thicket behind a pond. The drag out of those trees sucked but I'd do it again for her swollen leg and all.
20201121_132929.jpg
20201121_135846.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom