Odocoileus virginianus pic thread 2020/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grandson got it done around 7:40 this morning. His biggest buck so far. He said after the fact that he should have given it at least another year but, well, you know. About 100 yards with a .308 shooting a Sierra 125-grain ProHunter. He said it dropped in its tracks.

Jakob's buck.jpg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you guys seeing a pre rut pattern back or is there still a little interest in the does?
No rut activity at all right now. The tarsals of the one my daughter took Monday were dry, and he was actually out feeding with about 5 doe and a spike the evening before.

The evening of her double, we saw 11 doe all out feeding together, as well as an average 8 pt and a spike feeding together.

I just pulled a couple camera cards this morning and they have groups of does at the feeders and a few bucks with their noses buried deep in the Boss Buck feeders.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grandson got it done around 7:40 this morning. His biggest buck so far. He said after the fact that he should have given it at least another year but, well, you know. About 100 yards with a .308 shooting a Sierra 125-grain ProHunter. He said it dropped in its tracks.

View attachment 182805
Nice buck! Please pass on the congrats to your grandson!!!:thumb:

I hear the same comment about “should’ve passed a buck” after it was already killed on a regular basis. I wish those guys were that management minded before they took the shot.:lmfao:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice buck! Please pass on the congrats to your grandson!!!:thumb:

I hear the same comment about “should’ve passed a buck” after it was already killed on a regular basis. I wish those guys were that management minded before they took the shot.:lmfao:

I've had the same thought myself more than once. He's young and this wasn't his first deer, but I don't know just how many others he has killed. This was the first time he hunted this place and I don't know what kind of rules or guidelines the owner gave them.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the same thought myself more than once. He's young and this wasn't his first deer, but I don't know just how many others he has killed. This was the first time he hunted this place and I don't know what kind of rules or guidelines the owner gave them.
I hope you didn’t take my comment wrong, because I wasn’t disrespecting your grandson’s buck by any means!!!

It just struck me funny since I had a guy that hunts south of my place up there tell me the exact same thing last week while showing me his buck. That guy is young, and I bragged on his buck and tried to make him feel good about his success. However, I’m pretty sure the guy that’s over the lease (who had passed the buck) had already reamed him for shooting it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom