Odocoileus virginianus pic thread 2020/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During the rut we saw little bucks on and in stand pretty regular, outnumbering does seen. We had a couple of really outstanding bucks onncam that we never saw.
Now we're seeing nothing at all. I'd be more than happy to shoot a doe at this point. Still can't quite figure out this property.

On a positive note, there's a good sized flock of turkeys that hang around. Trying to get one with the crossbow, but they're staying one step ahead of me. Missed one a month ago, and haven't had a real chance since.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During the rut we saw little bucks on and in stand pretty regular, outnumbering does seen. We had a couple of really outstanding bucks onncam that we never saw.
Now we're seeing nothing at all. I'd be more than happy to shoot a doe at this point. Still can't quite figure out this property.

On a positive note, there's a good sized flock of turkeys that hang around. Trying to get one with the crossbow, but they're staying one step ahead of me. Missed one a month ago, and haven't had a real chance since.
Stay with it Meatgrinder!:thumb:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw 11 doe and a spike yesterday. This morning, I saw the same spike and one doe. This evening I saw a little 8 pt, and the same little spike, then I saw a doe and fawn right at dark.

A few minutes ago, I decided to step outside the cabin with my thermal scope to see if anything was grazing on the wheat I planted around the cabin. 30 yds out the door was a mature, what would have been 8 pt, but he broke his left antler off a while back. He was definitely in feeding mode and chowing on the wheat.

Going back out in the morning with hopes one of my target bucks will finally show themselves.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tagged out with 2 does this year.
20201205_083949_HDR.jpg

Got this pretty hefty one around 8:30 this morning, 175 yards according to the app on my phone, double lunged her with the 308 & she dropped DRT.
She is little bit bigger than the one I got 2 weeks ago, so my freezer is full now & I'm happy about that.

I've never had 16 deer come out into the field while I was hunting. It was great.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20201206_181246.jpg

Never got him a buck this year, but the youngest did drop this big doe this evening right before dark. Took his "new" rifle tonight, the 6.5x55 Swede that his grandpa left with us this last week. Doe was about 115 yards, pretty much a head on shot, didn't take a step. She's cut up and in the cooler already, and thus ends our rifle season. Might try some more does in a couple weeks...

Latest posts

Top Bottom