Odocoileus virginianus pic thread 2020/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ended our this last weekend with deer in a whole new pattern that we had never seen and a scramble to find where to set up for 1 last shot. I got them inside 100 yards, but nothing inside bow range. My wife got them within rifle range, too bad it was archery season. Went home and made some venison curry and called it a year.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Closed the season today with just one deer back in November, and nothing since. Getting to know this new property better, so the deer won't be so lucky next season.
I did manage to bag a turkey, I've been trying to ambush this flock all fall. Got them on camera all over the place. I was going to wait for a tom, but this hen came in to a kee kee call and she bore the brunt of a frustrating season.
20210115_080440.jpg

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Closed the season today with just one deer back in November, and nothing since. Getting to know this new property better, so the deer won't be so lucky next season.
I did manage to bag a turkey, I've been trying to ambush this flock all fall. Got them on camera all over the place. I was going to wait for a tom, but this hen came in to a kee kee call and she bore the brunt of a frustrating season. View attachment 188578
Congrats MG! Fall turkey can be pretty frustrating but very cool with large flocks roaming around. New places are frustrating that first season.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
By the time it's done for real and after the drying time, somewhere between 175-180" I'm thinking. G2 and G3 were 11-12" and main beams were 26".View attachment 181270
Digging up an old one, I was pretty close, taxidermist scored him the other day. Will get an official score at some point.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom