Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 9 year old got it done tonight. She missed a doe during the youth hunt but vowed she would not miss again this year, then practiced repeatedly for a couple weekends. Last Saturday of rifle season, she dropped one with a neck shot. This afternoon, she patiently waited for one of the largest of 4 doe to present her with a shot. When it did, she connected with her 300 Blackout. 100 yards, Hornady 110 grain V-max and a perfect double lung only shot(no shoulder meat touched). Deer made about a 50 yard spiral and down she went.
image.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My 9 year old got it done tonight. She missed a doe during the youth hunt but vowed she would not miss again this year, then practiced repeatedly for a couple weekends. Last Saturday of rifle season, she dropped one with a neck shot. This afternoon, she patiently waited for one of the largest of 4 doe to present her with a shot. When it did, she connected with her 300 Blackout. 100 yards, Hornady 110 grain V-max and a perfect double lung only shot(no shoulder meat touched). Deer made about a 50 yard spiral and down she went.
View attachment 52622

Pass on the congrats!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to you and your daughter! I'm in the blind with my 8 yr old boy now.

I'm in the blind now also, with my daughter's best friend. They have been best friends since they met at daycare when they were 18 months old. She is like my other daughter and since she has no father in her life, I'm the closest thing to a dad that she's got. Been trying really hard to get her on her first deer, but things just aren't looking good for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom