Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ya I told them they were dumbies that nobody was going to want to buy wet rice bran I just don't understand people

Wasn't just rice bran. We went to get a pallet of cubes, we had to get what they had inside. Cubes, sweet feed, chicken scratch, chicken crumbles, different minerals, crimped oats, whole oats, and many others...ruined!

Best bet is to find some feeding out a bunch of pigs and make em a deal on it to sell it. Don't feed it to any livestock carrying babies, the moldy feed could cause them to abort the babies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The atwoods in Ponca stores theirs the same way.
We were at the dump a couple of days ago when one of their trucks came in and threw out several pallet loads of corn and deer protein feed. It was all moldy. They slit each bag before throwing it out.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The atwoods in Ponca stores theirs the same way.
We were at the dump a couple of days ago when one of their trucks came in and threw out several pallet loads of corn and deer protein feed. It was all moldy. They slit each bag before throwing it out.
A few times of that each year and they could build a nice building.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No kidding!!! The Atwoods down here stores most of their feed inside, but I was there today and saw a few pallets on the front "porch". It rained last night, and these pallets were wet.

We've had a Tractor Supply for years, but Atwoods has only been open a couple years. They started out with a bang and really made TSC look bad, but the shiny has worn off the new penny.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The attwoods building design has very little storage area from what I've seen. Ours just opened this year and its huge compared to the one in Stillwater.
Heck, just a covered sheet metal outside storage area with some sides on it like a carport would be far superior to what they are doing now.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I was blessed with the opportunity to meet Oklahomabassin and go hunt one of his areas. We had some deer arrive, but something in a brush area had the deer rather antsy and they eventually gave in to their "flight" response. I gotta say, Bassin is a top-knotch guy. He drove down to meet me, took me to his hunting area and spent the afternoon with me in hopes of putting some meat in the freezer for me. I really appreciate the chance, Bassin. Thanks again!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As to Atwood's - wherever you are, be absolutely certain you call the store manager and complain. Describe the whole problem, and do it in a polite manner. My wife was working in Atwood's corporate when she retired, and dealt with this issue more than once - not only on corn and rice bran, but things like dog food as well. The individual over this at corporate was adamant about seeing to it that the customers were taken care of, but he can't do anything about it if he doesn't know the details.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As to Atwood's - wherever you are, be absolutely certain you call the store manager and complain. Describe the whole problem, and do it in a polite manner. My wife was working in Atwood's corporate when she retired, and dealt with this issue more than once - not only on corn and rice bran, but things like dog food as well. The individual over this at corporate was adamant about seeing to it that the customers were taken care of, but he can't do anything about it if he doesn't know the details.

We were refunded for our bad feed. However, if they continue turning a blind eye to bad livestock feed storage, they will lose a lot of business also, not counting the loss of feed due to weather. That should be something a manager shouldn't need a customer to point out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom