Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I was blessed with the opportunity to meet Oklahomabassin and go hunt one of his areas. We had some deer arrive, but something in a brush area had the deer rather antsy and they eventually gave in to their "flight" response. I gotta say, Bassin is a top-knotch guy. He drove down to meet me, took me to his hunting area and spent the afternoon with me in hopes of putting some meat in the freezer for me. I really appreciate the chance, Bassin. Thanks again!
Welcome! I bet it was coyotes. Had 1 in a trap this morning and saw 2 on the milo stubble. I put out more traps today while I was there. The fur is in prime.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out Saturday evening and finally had a buck come in to 30 yards and he presented several tempting broadside shots. But just my luck, his whole right side was broke off. Woulda been a decent 8 point. A few does came in a bit later and he lightly chased them around and I eventually went ahead and shot one of the does. I hit a little far back and she ran about 70 yards. When I got close she jumped up and ran across the field. It was getting pretty dark at that point, so I figured it would be best to wait till morning. I went out and hunted Sunday morning and it was COLD, 19 degrees. I didn't see any deer, but only sat till about 9:30 because I wanted to go look for this doe. I started off in the open field where I last seen her running. I stood and scanned the area. Noticed something smooth near the creek, and there she was. Luckily the coyotes didn't find her and she was froze, so all the meat was fine.

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_doe_zpshvqjodog.jpg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were refunded for our bad feed. However, if they continue turning a blind eye to bad livestock feed storage, they will lose a lot of business also, not counting the loss of feed due to weather. That should be something a manager shouldn't need a customer to point out.

Very true. A refund is a short-term fix for a long-term problem. Building proper storage would no doubt have to come from the corporate level, and I don't know just how well those things get scrutinized at corporate. They could afford to build the needed facilities. The 'need' just needs to be forced home.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats Hooligan! Your freezer must be bursting at the seems. lol

thanks! yea my freezer is stocked. I have several family and friends that like deer meat, but they don't hunt, so I donate to them when I can. I may try and take another doe if I don't get a chance at a buck, but I cant go anymore this week until the last day. Its lookin like I may strike out on getting a buck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom