Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went duck hunting yesterday after not seeing a thing from the deer stand in a month. Cameras are getting very few pictures and what they are getting is at night.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
my son was hunting a little 80 acres that we have just for ducks. they only managed a few but said there was shooting all around them.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm getting several daytime Picts and saw two different mature bucks bumping does hard last week several miles apart. About right for the second rut. Seeing lots of activity just been too covered up to hunt any lately.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got around to getting my 8 year old a deer rifle, because of the OYH hunt experiences I bought the CVA Hunter 20 inch barrel 243 single shot, decided on Hornady's Low Recoil 87 gr sst to run through it, came with a cheap Konus scope, i mounted and bore sighted. Took it out to farm to shoot and dang it that little rifle is money! On paper at 25, moved out to 50, couple of shots and adjustments to get it on, then dead on at 100 for 3 shots, I am pretty happy with this setup. No recoil, great trigger, great price... giving it to him tomorrow (cause Santa doesn't bring guns apparently?) and taking him to shoot and hunt Wed through the end of holiday doe season. Cant wait!

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks fellas! Depending on how he does shooting it for the first time I plan to keep his shots on a live deer to 50 yds or less, he can shoot any deer that happens to step out, but knowing him and how much he listens to me, he probably won't shoot a little buck, I need to stop doing that. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom