Official 2017 AR build session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
lkothe - definite
tRidiot - definite
NikatKimber - possible
NightShade - probable out
Shoot Summ - definite for an hour or 2...
rawhide - definite* [*unless my wife says different :)]
Knight92 - definite till at least 1:30
Bartles - definite

So far...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. I'm up. Got all my parts together, gotta load the truck when it gets daylight-ish. I'm pretty excited, can ya tell? I like this kinda thing. I love building rifles, and I like hanging out and shooting the sh|te with other gun guys as well as going to the range.

I have 2 friends from B'ville who may come down for a little while, hard to say. Another friend wanted to build a 7.62x39 AR, and I got all the parts for it in, but he isn't going to be able to make it, either, so that's a bummer. Was looking forward to building one in that caliber, just for the fun of it. It's really no different than building a 5.56 or .300AAC, though. It's just a different barrel and muzzle device, magazine and BCG - well, actually, I think the carrier is the same, just a different bolt and firing pin. Oh well.

Looking forward to hanging out, looking forward to coming home with a couple or a few complete new rifles! :D

Thanks again to Deano for volunteering a place for us to meet!

My weather app shows that the rain oughtta clear up around noon or so in the Tulsa area, too, so that'll be good!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright... got everything loaded up. Time to hit the shower, head to church for the early service and then head to Tulsa!

Last bump for the Sunday morning crowd.

Come on out and hang out with us!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It went great! We all got to put some stuff together, I built 2 new complete rifles. Just got home, got a couple friends coming over and we're going to help my son build his first AR now!

I'm in a building mood. :gun1:

Figured while I've got all my parts and tools out, this is a great time for this rite of passage!!! :hey3:

Thanks to Jeff from FBT (@Shootin 4 Fun ) for bringing more tools and donating to the cause, as well! And to Deano (@lkothe) for donating his shop and time again! Thanks to everyone for coming out, we had a ball! Also to @NightShade for making the long trip over here, too! And everyone else for coming out!

:mosh:

Latest posts

Top Bottom