Official Bob cat thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't get any pics of the bobcat but I had my lab out to track and recover a deer last night. When we found the deer a bobcat had already found it and was watching us from about 15 yards away.
I had something similar happen a few years ago. Shot a doe, left her to die for a couple hours. Followed the blood and when I found her, a bobcat had already found her and covered her with sticks and leaves. The bobcat was gone by the time I got there, but he had definitely stashed his meal for later.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I was out deer hunting, my grandfather trapped a bobcat up by his house. There are a few that have figured out that his chickens are easy meals. I skinned it out and kept the hide, but I'll have to save the meat next time for @swampratt.

The trap he has set up is pretty cool, it has a rooster cage that the bobcat can't get into. That rooster probably thinks he is invincible because anything that tries to kill him ends up dead.

62769893938__F2277C43-9638-43AE-A7E8-1D0D443BF7C6.JPG

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.20.08 AM.png

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was out deer hunting, my grandfather trapped a bobcat up by his house. There are a few that have figured out that his chickens are easy meals. I skinned it out and kept the hide, but I'll have to save the meat next time for @swampratt.

The trap he has set up is pretty cool, it has a rooster cage that the bobcat can't get into. That rooster probably thinks he is invincible because anything that tries to kill him ends up dead.

View attachment 183687

View attachment 183688

My neighbor has one of those traps.

It's a never fail never miss kinda deal.

If he sees cat sign he sets it out and in a couple days he's caught a cat.

Hell of a deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom