Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On another note - I now have some close relatives who have tested positive. One of my 20-year-old grandsons tested positive Monday. He told me this morning that he was feeling better ... just a minor headache and some congestion. He had a rough couple of days, but has been home throughout. I don't know how long he had felt poorly before he went to get tested.
AND, I have two nieces in OKC who are positive, along with their partners and one child (10 to 12 year old). One niece, in her early 30's, ain't doing so well. She is overweight and asthmatic. Here's her two cents ...

Covid-19 isn't "the flu". I've had the flu plenty of times in my adult life. This isn't it.
My oxygen level is good, and my lung x-rays don't look bad. So I just have to deal with feeling like I'm suffocating all day and night.
Covid is waking up gasping in the middle of the night and an inhaler barely helping. It's breathing treatments that give you jitters just so you can stop gasping for an hour.
Covid is going to the ER, nearly passing out from walking inside, and never even being given a room because they are full. It's being told, "You have mild asthma. I know you didn't ever have asthma problems before, but this is your life for the next 3 months" and being sent home.
Covid is being scared to go to sleep at night because you wake up a few hours later with your lungs aching. But you aren't dying, so you won't get any help.
Covid is constantly being sick to your stomach and having to force yourself to eat some days and taking too much pepto to keep it down.
Covid is being dizzy and confused for no reason, sometimes for hours.

It's not a f'g joke, people.
We were safe 90% of the time. We don't go to public events, we order groceries online, we've seen the inside of maybe 5 restaurants since March. I don't go inside anywhere without a mask.
I'm extremely thankful that my family is okay, but I AM NOT. For those of you who think this virus is no big deal, you're dead wrong. It's not cowardly to be safe, it's cowardly to pretend you don't have to care about others just because you think you are healthy enough to survive this. Not everyone is. Not everyone is going to walk away without permanent damage to their bodies.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On another note - I now have some close relatives who have tested positive. One of my 20-year-old grandsons tested positive Monday. He told me this morning that he was feeling better ... just a minor headache and some congestion. He had a rough couple of days, but has been home throughout. I don't know how long he had felt poorly before he went to get tested.
AND, I have two nieces in OKC who are positive, along with their partners and one child (10 to 12 year old). One niece, in her early 30's, ain't doing so well. She is overweight and asthmatic. Here's her two cents ...

Covid-19 isn't "the flu". I've had the flu plenty of times in my adult life. This isn't it.
My oxygen level is good, and my lung x-rays don't look bad. So I just have to deal with feeling like I'm suffocating all day and night.
Covid is waking up gasping in the middle of the night and an inhaler barely helping. It's breathing treatments that give you jitters just so you can stop gasping for an hour.
Covid is going to the ER, nearly passing out from walking inside, and never even being given a room because they are full. It's being told, "You have mild asthma. I know you didn't ever have asthma problems before, but this is your life for the next 3 months" and being sent home.
Covid is being scared to go to sleep at night because you wake up a few hours later with your lungs aching. But you aren't dying, so you won't get any help.
Covid is constantly being sick to your stomach and having to force yourself to eat some days and taking too much pepto to keep it down.
Covid is being dizzy and confused for no reason, sometimes for hours.

It's not a f'g joke, people.
We were safe 90% of the time. We don't go to public events, we order groceries online, we've seen the inside of maybe 5 restaurants since March. I don't go inside anywhere without a mask.
I'm extremely thankful that my family is okay, but I AM NOT. For those of you who think this virus is no big deal, you're dead wrong. It's not cowardly to be safe, it's cowardly to pretend you don't have to care about others just because you think you are healthy enough to survive this. Not everyone is. Not everyone is going to walk away without permanent damage to their bodies.
The flu is nothing to scoff at either as it kills 20-60 thousand a year. My young nephew died of it and my niece and her husband had a sever case of the flu 5 years ago that knocked them down for a month and it took several months for them to get back to 100%. For 7 days they were so sick that they would not have been able to post about it on internet forums. Just like covid, some get mild cases and others get severe cases and some die. Anyone with comorbidity doesn't want to get either one.

And I agree with this "It's not cowardly to be safe, it's cowardly to pretend you don't have to care about others just because you think you are healthy enough to survive this".

My mother used to say a young sick person can kill an old person if they aren't careful.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm outta here! Worst part, wife forgot my AR15 at home, so if terrorist attack right now!
ooooooooooo-i-feel-good.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister RN's, she and her coworkers are still on mandatory furloughs once and twice a week.

I'm sorry to hear that, honestly. I can't work because my employer has made masks part of our uniforms and I have a letter from my doctor. I have tried to wear the damn thing because I'd much rather be at work, getting paid and bitching than at home, unpaid and bitching. I was hoping when the mask mandate ended the company would let me come back to work but now that Holt and his minions have extended it to December 7, and my next review comes up November 31, I bet I lose my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom