Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, honestly. I can't work because my employer has made masks part of our uniforms and I have a letter from my doctor. I have tried to wear the damn thing because I'd much rather be at work, getting paid and *****ing than at home, unpaid and *****ing. I was hoping when the mask mandate ended the company would let me come back to work but now that Holt and his minions have extended it to December 7, and my next review comes up November 31, I bet I lose my job.

Damn that sucks. It's been a chitshow of a year all around.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, honestly. I can't work because my employer has made masks part of our uniforms and I have a letter from my doctor. I have tried to wear the damn thing because I'd much rather be at work, getting paid and *****ing than at home, unpaid and *****ing. I was hoping when the mask mandate ended the company would let me come back to work but now that Holt and his minions have extended it to December 7, and my next review comes up November 31, I bet I lose my job.

Hey, don't sweat it! If your next review is scheduled for November 31, you'll never, ever, lose your job!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn. That.sucks

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong I think that's complete B.S. (sorry if that offends the language Karens out there whining about me!) but there are masks that I've seen people use at the gym that are more "free flowing?" I have not tried them as I don't use one at the gym.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I think that's complete B.S. (sorry if that offends the language Karens out there whining about me!) but there are masks that I've seen people use at the gym that are more "free flowing?" I have not tried them as I don't use one at the gym.
Some employers may not allow "free flowing" masks and have a certain mask you have to use. My niece is issued a mask everyday and you have to wear what they issue.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some employers may not allow "free flowing" masks and have a certain mask you have to use. My niece is issued a mask everyday and you have to wear what they issue.

What kind of industry is your niece in and what kind of masks are they issued?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife took our daughter to an eye exam appointment last Friday. Our family follows a strong regiment for virus protection - wearing masks; using hand sanitizer when out; washing hands; and cleaning phones, keys, credit cards, etc. with a UV light box. The doctor and my family were in masks during the appointment with the doctor very close to our daughter's face while performing the exam.

The doctor called Sunday afternoon and said that she was running a fever; she wasn't showing any symptoms on Friday during my daughters appointment. The doctor tested on Monday and was found to be positive for Covid-19 (results on Tuesday). My wife and daughter tested for Covid-19 on Wednesday as a precaution since they were in close contact with the doctor on Friday. Thankfully, my wife and daughter have tested negative (results received today).

A couple of points to consider:

1. Since the doctor was asymptomatic, maybe the virus does not spread, or is slow to spread, from an asymptomatic person. Of course this assumes the doctor was infected at the time of my daughter's appointment - it's plausible that the doctor could have been exposed later in the day and was not Covid-19 positive at the time of my daughter's appointment.
2. I can't measure the result of the virus protection measures that our family takes (masks, distancing, hand sanitizer, etc.) but I believe these actions may have helped to prevent my wife and daughter from being becoming infected.

By the way, the doctor only ran a fever for a day or so and was feeling fine on Tuesday. And, my family and I are now out of self-quarantine with these negative results. :D

Last edited:

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of industry is your niece in and what kind of masks are they issued?
Childcare center affiliated with a hospital and corporate owned. They issue a mask each day and collect them at night. No other mask is allowed. Don't know what kind of mask as I never ask but it's the only one they can wear as none can be brought in from home.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Childcare center affiliated with a hospital and corporate owned. They issue a mask each day and collect them at night. No other mask is allowed. Don't know what kind of mask as I never ask but it's the only one they can wear as none can be brought in from home.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Being associated with healthcare is a different situation entirely.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At work, we have our N95 issued to us. Some employees have been using their own, but they are trying to crack down on personal masks due to no quality control.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom