Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm home, which is a blessing. Honestly though, probably should of listened to the wife and stayed an extra day or two. Regardless, I'm on home oxygen, which is such a big lifestyle change. Three weeks ago, I was fine, now I'm chained to an oxygen concentrator. Its just the process of letting my lungs heal. I have a new found respect for people on oxygen. The simplest task has me gasping for air, which is a new experience. It's all just a process.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That does suck but I have learned, you can 60 from a strong strapping 45 year old one day to a feable handicapped 51 year old fast. I am glad your home but I feel for your new set of limitations. Hopefully that will only be temporary.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Oklahoma surpassed 100,000 cases of COVID-19 this week, and with a rolling seven-day average the highest it’s been since the pandemic, OU’s Chief COVID Officer is again making a case for a more aggressive response....

This week, more rural Oklahoma counties are starting to show a higher positivity rate than some urban counties.

“[In] many areas of our state, I think people felt they were protected because maybe they live far apart, they forget that you come together for religious services, for restaurants, to shop, and that’s where people are getting infected,” he said.

Dr. Bratzler said studies show the virus often spreads where you would expect, from family, friends and coworkers, but those who visit places like restaurants, indoor bars or coffee shops are at a higher risk.

As OK COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths increase, so do frustrations with state’s response
But Dr. Bratzler said right now, masks, keeping a distance and washing hands are key to staying healthy and out of the state’s dwindling supply of COVID-19 hospital beds.

He pointed out that even the Oklahoma State Department of Health now reports that cities with mask mandates show a lower rate of infection.

“We can continue to go along and just keep waiting and hoping that we get a vaccine out,” Dr. Bratzler said. “Or we can do more aggressive things to slow the spread of the disease and to save people’s lives.”
https://kfor.com/news/health/corona...aggressive-measures-are-needed-to-save-lives/

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are the chances of dying from COVID-19 (if you are infected) compared to dying from the Flu (if you are infected) ?

According to the physician in the presentation liked below...
Overall you are about 3 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than you are from the Flu
For ages 50-60 about 4 times more likely
For ages 60-70 about 10 times more likely
For ages 70-80 about 5 times more likely
This is based on current data which will changes going forward, of course.
But bottom line this says to me that that people in advanced age categories are especially justified in taking precautions to avoid the virus.
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 8.33.47 PM.png

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are the chances of dying from COVID-19 (if you are infected) compared to dying from the Flu (if you are infected) ?

According to the physician in the presentation liked below...
Overall you are about 3 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than you are from the Flu
For ages 50-60 about 4 times more likely
For ages 60-70 about 10 times more likely
For ages 70-80 about 5 times more likely
This is based on current data which will changes going forward, of course.
But bottom line this says to me that that people in advanced age categories are especially justified in taking precautions to avoid the virus.
View attachment 177443

Gotta love the comment section...

"I bet if the flu was incentivized like covid there would be more cases and deaths from the flu."

Whomever that was has a point.... even funnier is that the Doc actually liked that comment.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You raise an important point. How many deaths are being wrongly reported? The internet says, "A lot!"
I see no conformation of this from the medical mainstream. The internet says the medical mainstream is corrupted somehow and fooled or coerced into remaining silent in the face of some massive fraud. .....but the people repeating this on the internet continue to trust their lives to doctors and hospitals....hmmm
I believe the reported COVID death numbers are close to correct for the reasons laid out in the first 12 minutes of the following video.
COVID-19 is several times more deadly than the flu for the 50+ age group.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, who in the "medical mainstream" can be trusted? I know of a doctor that when it was mentioned of the possibilities of "false positives" claimed that "there are NO false positives." I have to ask both about doctors and hospitals as to whether they are seeing any financial benefit from a "disease" being called Covid instead of something else.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You raise an important point. How many deaths are being wrongly reported? The internet says, "A lot!"
I see no conformation of this from the medical mainstream. The internet says the medical mainstream is corrupted somehow and fooled or coerced into remaining silent in the face of some massive fraud. .....but the people repeating this on the internet continue to trust their lives to doctors and hospitals....hmmm
I believe the reported COVID death numbers are close to correct for the reasons laid out in the first 12 minutes of the following video.
COVID-19 is several times more deadly than the flu for the 50+ age group.

Well, it's definitely more deadly for those with co-morbidities. Kind of hard to say because we have no idea of the counts of people that are asymptomatic and have never tested.

Actually, the last 6 minutes are FAR more important. Everyone should be on Vitamin D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom