Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The MSM is complicit with the hype. Hospitals are capitalizing on the fear. The Covid is real, but it is just a different strain of the flu. The steep decline in "flu" cases is offset by the number of "covid" cases, and the hype has elevated the "number" of covid cases(AKA the flu). The fear mongering has incentivized everyone with a sniffle to run to a hospital or clinic.

There doesn't need to be some huge cabal of conspirators fueling this. All that is necessary is fear-mongering and hype and you'll garner enough of the fearful to reach this level of panic. YMMV, but a close look at the hypocrisy coming from "those in the know" and "elites" and you might come to a similar conclusion.

Woody

Covid virus is not a different strain of the flu. They are different viruses. Influenza virus has different strains & covid virus has different strains. Two different viruses. Not different strains of the same virus

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is this infusion yall speak of?

Monoclonal antibodies and Remdesivir. Monoclonals are the ones I was referring to. Remdesivir is an anti viral med with mixed results but it can't hurt. There is also plasma transfer, which has apparently worked well for some people as well.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So just some feedback from the last 72 hours. If you are someone who is/have a family member that is in the high risk category, do NOT be complacent. It's been my experience that some PCPs are almost lazy in being proactive. With me, I get it, with my mother who is 70 and has CHF, I had to be the squeaky wheel to request orders for a Monoclonal antibody infusion for her. Her PCP didn't do so much as to more than an email for a few days, until I called her office and wanted it documented that we were requesting the the Monoclonal treatment since she more than qualifies for it. Got orders an hour later.

Point is, if you're out of the danger zone, act accordingly. If you are in the high risk group, don't fawk around and don't take no for an answer. I had to call EMSA last night to get my mother admitted so she would get the proper treatment. Her oxygen was in the low 80s.
I know what you mean as my wife has been to the ER 3 times and in the hospital twice (not covid) in the last 2 months. If I hadn't been there with her and made it clear what I thought was going on I don't think she would have gotten as good treatment as she did.
Monday she had to be taken by ambulance to the ER as she had severe back/sciatica pain, literally couldn't walk. I didn't get to go back with her and 30 minutes later they discharged her with muscle relaxers and told her to get a MRI asap, no shot or pain meds. She couldn't walk and it took me forever to get her in the house and who knows what damage it did to her back. It was 10am and they could have done the damn MRI right then instead of sending her home. She also has stage 4 kidney failure so it is possible it's her kidneys causing the pain too. In Nov she spent 12 days in the hospital with c-diff and that could have been a factor. I don't think the ER doc even read her chart just a quick look and adios.
So yes, I am going to let them know how happy I am with their ER treatment.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what you mean as my wife has been to the ER 3 times and in the hospital twice (not covid) in the last 2 months. If I hadn't been there with her and made it clear what I thought was going on I don't think she would have gotten as good treatment as she did.
Monday she had to be taken by ambulance to the ER as she had severe back/sciatica pain, literally couldn't walk. I didn't get to go back with her and 30 minutes later they discharged her with muscle relaxers and told her to get a MRI asap, no shot or pain meds. She couldn't walk and it took me forever to get her in the house and who knows what damage it did to her back. It was 10am and they could have done the damn MRI right then instead of sending her home. She also has stage 4 kidney failure so it is possible it's her kidneys causing the pain too. In Nov she spent 12 days in the hospital with c-diff and that could have been a factor. I don't think the ER doc even read her chart just a quick look and adios.

Bless you man. I'm sorry.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh damn ... I wish I knew what to tell you. Grumpy is still foaming at the mouth over what happened to me in October. That Community Hospital got a scathing review. OU was doing ok ... Right up until they took me off the fentynal they were giving me to control my pain and tried to convince us Tylenol would work for at-home care. It was CLEAR they didn't believe it any more than we did. But ... What do you do??

I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It basically is Bob...

Well, very broadly defined, they are both infectious respiratory illnesses, but so are pertussis, legionella, Diphtheria-there are lots of them. However, all are different pathogens. But a strain, by definition, is a variant of the same pathogen.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, very broadly defined, they are both infectious respiratory illnesses, but so are pertussis, legionella, Diphtheria-there are lots of them. However, all are different pathogens. But a strain, by definition, is a variant of the same pathogen.
Ne sheet
But in general terms it's the flu on steroids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom