Oh Happy day! I found my $700 pair of new glasses I lost 3 years ago!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was cussing the back seat of my 04 Chevy pickup trying to figure out how to fold the dern thing and finally getting frustrated enough to try the passenger side. In the words of Old Joe, "Well son of a b!" I pulled the strap I've been a yankin on the other side and the seat folded up.

Seeing a glasses case, I have hundreds, I was not impressed until I opened it. "Well son of a ...." there were my new glasses I lost about 3 years ago. I put them on and went inside to sit down because my vision is so bad I get sick starting to wear new glasses.

For this reason I have been putting off and putting off and dreading going to the eye doctor again.

Ya see the glasses manufacturer screwed up my first pair 3 years ago so they remade the pair. Since I was already used to the screwed up pair and knew my proclivity for getting sick, I wore the screwed up set home. I couldn't for the life of me find the new pair.

Funny, I can see. Gonna get used to these then try to find my front sight again.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what ou mean, I've lost pocket knives, gone out and bought another and then found the one I lost. Ive learned to ask the wife first now since she may have seen it or put it somewhere. Maybe I have the Biden syndrome???

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gave a pair of glasses I had for years to a person that visits the Camshaft shop and she began crying a little after she put them on and could see clearly.

It is so nice when you can see clearly

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things like this are why I buy the cheap off-the-rack +2.50 glasses ... I lost my keyring last month. Found it -- FINALLY -- yesterday.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave a pair of glasses I had for years to a person that visits the Camshaft shop and she began crying a little after she put them on and could see clearly.

It is so nice when you can see clearly

I used to work at a call center, and if we wanted to make personal calls, there were phones set aside in the lobby for us to use. One of my co-workers was always "kind of" angry, but when she would be calling her husband, she really cussed him out.

We were on break one day and she said that she always had headaches. I asked when she last had her eyes checked, and I also suggested that she go to a regular optometrist with his own office and not one of those 1-hour places. She caught up with me a couple of weeks later and said she was going to have lasix done. (I'm one to be concerned with my eyes, so I never even considered lasix.)

Anyway, about a month or so later, she came looking for me. I had heard some of our other co-workers speak of how she had changed and wasn't so angry any longer. She came to me with tears in her eyes and thanked me profusely for the advice. Her vision was now great and her headaches were gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom