Oh Norman..........Mask Alert.......The Sky is Falling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all our mask-skeptical friends, here is research on the effectiveness of various mask types at stopping the spread of aerosol droplets (<5 microns). Source: go to 11:30 in . The original research is published in Physics of Fluids.
Distance a cough will expel aerosols:
No mask 8 feet
Bandana 3.5 feet
Folded Cotton Handkerchief 1 foot 3 inches
Surgical Masks 8 inches

...and to that there’s several studies showing likewise and that’s the point of contention with this whole thing. Agendas and money. There’s too much interfering with the truth and we aren’t getting it.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...and to that there’s several studies showing likewise and that’s the point of contention with this whole thing. Agendas and money. There’s too much interfering with the truth and we aren’t getting it.
Can you clarify your statement please? I'm not sure if you are saying if you do or don't accept the research that I posted.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, this surged to the front when China hid the outbreak of a virus to hide culpability in creating it. They told Russia and North Korea to close their borders long before they told the world they created a super-flu.

WHO towed the line for China to secure future finding from their largest benefactor.

We made memes and poked fun at China not being able to contain the virus the a very densely packed city of Wuhan as it spread. Then to the middle East. Europe. Australia. And when it stood on the doorstep of America, our elected douches were too busy playing politics trying to take down a commander and chief that played it off as a hoax. By the time the full realization of its reach was discovered, the only option was to fight it the only way proven to do so, social distancing... but we, the citizens, could only take that acceptance for a few weeks. It wasn't spreading in our solitude, so obviously it wasn't as big a threat as they said.

Then through the power of ego, people put smartass comments on social media. The gullible latched on to the sentiment and believed it to the core.

"They said up to 200,000 deaths, and only 30,000 have died. Boy are they stupid"

People grew tired, bored, and angry. Protests by both the right and left were the new thing in pop culture. Political rallies, college covid parties, big b-day parties, a total relaxation of common sense, and we'venow added over 100,000 deaths to the American toll quickly on our way to proving the stupid experts correct in terms of what they said in March.

Nobody is innocent in where we are now. We didn't create it, we didn't stop it, we've earned whatever the politicians force on us now.

48hlln.jpg

Don't forget the smartest guy in the room said Jan 21st " This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the USA should be worried about. "
https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1246060637748330496

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you clarify your statement please? I'm not sure if you are saying if you do or don't accept the research that I posted.

With the abundance of conflicting information and the fact this renewed focus on COVID suddenly appeared once the protests and riots diminished in national impact, I tend to lean toward the less government mandates the better and thus leave it to the individual to make the best choice for themselves and those around them.

To add, we haven’t treated other severe ailments as we have COVID and we’ve survived as a society just fine as least in existing as a society.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't not shop at walmart. Through a personal experience, the Walton's have earned every dollar I spend there. Nobody likes a winner, but the Walton's are good people.
Ol' Sam was a great guy, always stocking products make in the USA. Drove an old beat up pickup all his life.
The children have sold out to China. The majority of products in Walmart comes from China or mexico.
Ol' Sam is rolling over in his grave.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ol' Sam was a great guy, always stocking products make in the USA. Drove an old beat up pickup all his life.
The children have sold out to China. The majority of products in Walmart comes from China or mexico.
Ol' Sam is rolling over in his grave.

His kids aren't nearly as bad as people say. Very kind people. Besides, what isn't made in China or Mexico? Is walmart the fall guy for labor unions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom