Oil Cap USPSA Aug 9 Sunday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sunday August 9 will soon be here. With it comes Oil Capital USPSA. Plan on 125 rounds (seems like we always shoot more like 150+) in 6 stages, one a Classifier. Sign-in at 9:30, with walk-thru at 10 AM. Set-up commences at 7:30, as usual. Match fee is $15 ($10 to OCR&GC members).

Location link: http://www.ocrgc.org/location.htm

I’ve figured out how to create bar code stage scoring labels by shooter number, so we’ll make this match operations improvement this month. Obviously it will be important to use the proper bar code label on the correct stage; I think we can handle that!

Rayce

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to the competative shooting.. I think you said there is a qualifing shoot also... What should I expect at the six stages that will be shot from? I guess I could bring a 9mm semi auto pistol or a 45 acp single stack? :ugh2:

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new to the competative shooting..

Welcome to the sport man! It's a blast.

I think you said there is a qualifing shoot also...

There will definitely be a qualifier stage. Most monthly USPSA matches will have 4-5 self-designed stages or stages copied from other clubs, then 1 actual USPSA classifier stage which can be any stage from this list. Once you've joined USPSA and shot four classifier stages, you'll get your initial classification.

What should I expect at the six stages that will be shot from?

Bring at least 150 rounds, 200 if you can. The stages will involve shots at varying ranges on paper silhouette targets and steel plates. There will also be some movement involved. Here's IMHNTN shooting a typical stage at OKC Gun club last month.

I guess I could bring a 9mm semi auto pistol or a 45 acp single stack? :ugh2:

You can bring either one and have fun. You'll ideally want 4 or 5 magazines, so that alone might be the deciding factor. There are 6 divisions in USPSA that specify what type of equipment you can use. There's a division JUST for single stack 1911's though, so you'll be fine either way.

Bring a belt, holster, shooting glasses or sunglasses, magazine pouches(4 if you've got them), plenty of ammo, and some hearing protection and you'll be good to go. It's fine if you don't have mag pouches, you can pull them out of your pocket if need be, it just costs you a little time.

I'd offer to show you the ropes, but I've to work this sunday. Just show up ready to have fun and you'll enjoy yourself. Have fun and welcome to shooting! :mosh:

Rayce

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd offer to show you the ropes, but I've to work this sunday. Just show up ready to have fun and you'll enjoy yourself. Have fun and welcome to shooting! :mosh:[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for the information about the event... Since you won't be there, I won't have to worry about you seeing how bad I shoot...:blush:

Sounds like alot of fun, I know I have a lot of work to do between now and then.. Hopefullly I can make it over..

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Results are out BCC email to the competitors. With everyone’s cooperation everything ran very well. A couple squads finished the 124 round match by 1 PM. As promised, we did bar code the score sheets.

Those of you looking to quickly get classified should make the short, pleasant trip to Old Fort Gun Club on Sunday the 16th for a five stage Special Classifier. Drop a PM my way and I’ll get you more info.

Your next Oil Capital USPSA match is September 13.

Latest posts

Top Bottom