OK 3-Gun Championshi - Final Stages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparks40

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike, You don't know how much my wife appreciates you! She's already asking if I need to leave on Wednesday for the match! Funny, but I only live 20 miles from the range:pms2:

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like most of the guys eager to shoot this match, I've printed the stages trying to figure the best way to shoot each. Hopefully I'll be able to get some practice in at the range before the main event.

When the transition is made from weapon to weapon, like on stage 3, is the weapon supposed to be laid on the table with the magazine removed and the bolt or slide in locked back position?

Thanks,

Philip

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great question. A safely grounded firearm is defined as either empty chamber with bolt locked back or on safe. So if you start with a rifle and then retrieve your pistol from a table, the rifle can be either on safe or empty (chamber and magazine). A good rule of thumb is to ensure all guns are on safe when not being fired.

Mike

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
dont study the diagrams too closely; In my experience; they seldom turn out in person the way a shooter interprets the diagram.
study the start position, round count, and any particular shooting position; like a port or barricade shot.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very good advice from Mr. A class winner shooting B class! :) there will be a bunch of us setting up and we may change things up depending on space and other factors.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I couldn't tell! :). That's what it is all about! We have our final meeting tomorrow night and then it is go time. I have the scoresheets created and the stages laid out for each bay. All that is left to do now is set it up and shoot it.

Btw, Academy has Monarch 223 for 4.99 per 20 or $124 per 500. Nice they put it on sale for our match! :)

m

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I couldn't tell! :). That's what it is all about! We have our final meeting tomorrow night and then it is go time. I have the scoresheets created and the stages laid out for each bay. All that is left to do now is set it up and shoot it.

Btw, Academy has Monarch 223 for 4.99 per 20 or $124 per 500. Nice they put it on sale for our match! :)

m

I got my 223 from there Sunday, they are steel cases, but I'm sure you knew that at 4.99 a box. They didn't have slugs at the one I went to, I hope I can find some before Sunday.

I have a couple of questions. Can we pick up our used brass, or is that too time consuming? What about misfires? I always heard that if you have a misfire to wait about 20 seconds in the case that it is a hang fire and decides to go off. I only ask because I have had a few misfires with some of my reloads, I will be shooting factory ammo in this event.

Latest posts

Top Bottom