ok i need a belt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Ridgehunter, I'll agree my looper finish isn't the best in the world, but I've been wearing mine everyday (carrying or not) with the exception of when I'm wearing a suit for at least a year now and it still functions fine for me. For ~$35 I wasn't hoping for a dress belt, I wanted a working belt.

I've also noticed like you said the screws don't hold tight, but I just check them every time I put the belt on rather than letting them get bad.

lisaloo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looper's or The Beltman. Both are plenty stiff, but I definitely prefer my horsehide Beltman belt. The finish is holding up much better than the Looper's. Costs twice as much though and you can't get more belt for the money than Looper's.

If the finish on your belt isn't holding up the way you'd like, feel free to bring it by and we'll re-do it for you. Sometimes it can be done as quickly as while-you-wait, but if things are really busy in the back it might be a few hours. If you can, bring the horsehide belt with you! I'd love to see how they finished it to make it hold up so well.:wink2:

Also, we have had to experiment a bit to get the snap/screw right on the kydex belts. I think Bart has a great setup now. We've been getting good feedback on it for several months. We switched to a allen screw on the front and a backpiece with some "bite" to hold on to the leather. I haven't seen any come back b/c of a missing screw since we made the change. We can switch out any old ones to the new style.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If the finish on your belt isn't holding up the way you'd like, feel free to bring it by and we'll re-do it for you. Sometimes it can be done as quickly as while-you-wait, but if things are really busy in the back it might be a few hours. If you can, bring the horsehide belt with you! I'd love to see how they finished it to make it hold up so well.:wink2:

Also, we have had to experiment a bit to get the snap/screw right on the kydex belts. I think Bart has a great setup now. We've been getting good feedback on it for several months. We switched to a allen screw on the front and a backpiece with some "bite" to hold on to the leather. I haven't seen any come back b/c of a missing screw since we made the change. We can switch out any old ones to the new style.

cant beat that customer service...~!

Holster Maker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lisaloo how do i go about measurement before i order a belt? how long does it take to get one?

Thanks

I guess I'll answer this one for my wonderful wife!

The best way to measure for one of our belts is to take a tape measure and measure the actual inches around your waist. Our belts are measured in actual inches, plus 2. The plus 2 inches accounts for the holster that you are going to wear with the belt, whether it is IWB or OWB, a holster usually takes up 1 to 2 inches.

Hope that helps. If not, please let me or lisaloo know.

farrelltravis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, what a good thread for me. I had been in the market for a belt. After reading the posts here, I decided to go to Looper's. I was impressed at what you get for the price. They didn't have the exact size, but I ordered one. They said 1-2 weeks, so not too bad for a custom belt at that cost.

Thanks again to everyone!!

Quail Fat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Kydex lined Looper Leather 1½ belt. It works great and doesn't cost alot. I think I paid $40ish.

Looper Leather is on I-35 just Nouth of SE 29 on the East side of I-35 off the access road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom