OK National Guard and conceal carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, my daughter was in-processing this weekend at drill ( she just finished AIT in Oct) and the In-processing NCOIC (NCO In Charge) asked if anyone thought that they can carry concealed with their Military ID. My daughter and another raised their hands. The NCOIC proceeds to tell all of them (125 some odd soldiers) that is Incorrect.

Did I completely not understand the Self Defense Acts (2019) verbiage or what?

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Age !!

Under 21, they need a ccw license. http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2017-18 ENR/hB/HB1428 ENR.PDF

Over 21 you carry with your CAC.

You also can't carry on federal property. I drill in Mustang on state property and keep gun in my truck. ( So 90% of the other people)

Note: If carrying under permtless carry you must be 21.

Also, You can't carry in uniform.

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Age !!

Under 21, they need a ccw license. http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2017-18 ENR/hB/HB1428 ENR.PDF

Over 21 you carry with your CAC.

You also can't carry on federal property. I drill in Mustang on state property and keep gun in my truck. ( So 90% of the other people)

Note: If carrying under permtless carry you must be 21.

Also, You can't carry in uniform.
Its 18 for Active, NG and Reserve. Say so right in the SDA on the OSBI website.

Cut from the link you provided: (see bold underlined)

ELIGIBILITY
ENR. H. B. NO. 1428 Page 2
The following requirements shall apply to any person making application to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for a handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma SelfDefense Act. The person must:
1. Be a citizen of the United States;
2. Establish a residency in the State of Oklahoma. For purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, the term "residency" shall apply to any person who either possesses a valid Oklahoma driver license or state photo identification card, and physically maintains a residence in this state or to any person, including the spouse of such person, who has permanent military orders within this state and possesses a valid driver license from another state where such person and spouse of such person claim residency;
3. Be at least:
a. twenty-one (21) years of age, or

b. eighteen (18) years of age but not yet twenty-one (21) years of age and the person is a member or veteran of the United States Armed Forces, the Reserves or National Guard, or the person was discharged under honorable conditions from the United States Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard;

Who told you, you cant carry in uniform?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, my daughter was in-processing this weekend at drill ( she just finished AIT in Oct) and the In-processing NCOIC (NCO In Charge) asked if anyone thought that they can carry concealed with their Military ID. My daughter and another raised their hands. The NCOIC proceeds to tell all of them (125 some odd soldiers) that is Incorrect.

Did I completely not understand the Self Defense Acts (2019) verbiage or what?
Thank her and you for your service from me and my family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom