OK Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Today was probably the best buck movement day I've seen where there were some bigger bucks moving. We watched little bucks nose to the ground this morning, and a good one sided racked buck chasing a doe this morning. Caught this guy snoozing in the ditch with a doe on the way home lol.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20161124_085525_zps3pnoixs5.jpg

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_Screenshot_2016_11_24_18_16_01_zps9yqhe3il.png

This evening had this goofy doe with tail half up, constantly looking behind her, but nothing ever followed. Then about 5:15, a huge 8pt and two doe appeared briefly in the corner of the wheat field about 300y out and he dogged them all the way down to the other corner of the field under my bow stand lol. He was a stud. Tried to get some pics thru my binoculars but it was too dark and too far.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20161124_163818_1_zpscs0smbpi.jpg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Craziness between Pocasset and Gracemont this morning. Saw 2 doe being chased all over a half section of wheat by 2 bucks, which were being chased by a whole herd of feeder steers. In addition to that, 2 coyotes were sitting in the middle of the field, watching the chaos. Had 6 different bucks cruise by the stand but the only 2 shooters gave my daughter no time to get on them and pull the trigger. Saw a lot of doe activity tonight, but no bucks. Hoping the morning hunt is successful for her.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Morning hunt saw nothing.
This evening in another spot saw some does filter out into the neighbors milo field. A buck came out of the trees behind them, but he fed a bit and then came down the tree line to my side and hung around the feeder for 30 minutes. Meanwhile the does kept moving my way, but just before dark the buck became interested in them and scattered them before coming to my side.
Looked at the camera feed, and saw bucks are still traveling. Had several small bucks show up around 9-10 am. Tomorrow may be an all day sit.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big buck I shot yesterday afternoon was eyeballing a doe and huffing some Tinks 69. Today no shooters but young buck this evening nose to the ground half hour after single doe came through that didn't present a shot. Nothing in the am hunt. Trail cams showing a lot of early/mid afternoon movement. Didn't see any deer this morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom