OK Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ground 21 pounds of venison today for chilli. Next weekend I will put a BIG pot on the stove and make the annual supply of chili, probably 2-3 gallons maybe more since I have a Christmas Party for 30 on the 1oth. Jerky grinding and prepping is next.:Heya:

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't do the morning hunt, rain and hadn't been seeing much in the am lately. Took the daughter out about noon. Didn't see anything, zero. Couple buddies did see some doe this morning just after daybreak. Been seeing less and less movement over the last few days. That seems to be the trend locally from what I've gathered. Woodward county.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Went out this morning. Camera showing activity about an hour before daylight. Saw nothing. Left the stand at 11am in a light sprinkle and gale force winds.
Got to experience a 3.2 earthquake. Epicenter was in my area. Tower blind rocked pretty good for a couple of seconds.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is interesting. There has been no human activity on my place in almost a month, and I'm getting pictures of deer in the daylight on and off pretty much all day (bucks and does).
Three days ago I had bucks on camera at 9, 10, and 11 am. One possible shooter. Last two days, nothing, and we are just about 40 or so miles apart.
That being said, I'm in a new location this year due to selling some land.
No longer in the center of activity like years past. I'm on an edge trying to draw deer out of the woods to me.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have doe and small bucks early, around 11 am and from 330-dark. Sporadic through out the night. No shooters day or night. I haven't dumped corn in over 2 weeks, they're just wandering thru and browsing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That kind of funny. I have people on three sides of my place trying to do the same thing.:rollingla

The guy that bought the place is still a friend and neighbor. I just moved to another place adjoining him that's mine as well. Not nearly the deer population from a mile south, but the retirement benefits are exponential. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom