OKC AK Build Party

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Pokinfun!! How I read that, a build party where we just work together we are good . No one would be making money off the build just folks helping folks.
Am I missing something!! Anybody else catch something, I didn't get, in that?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would ask a lawyer on here to read it. But I would assume someone would have the be making money charging a door fee or selling parts. Also, if 100 percent receivers were used, then it would be fine.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is how I read it!!!
Guys I have some homemade tools to press the barrel in, a cpuller to press the barrel out . A wire feed welder for those that want to build the receiver from scratch.
Also have a bench vise. As well as a aircraft rivet gun and backing tool, which makes the rivets serviceable but not pretty... also have a site adjustment tool.
What i dont have is the go,no go gauges for checking bolt clearance( friend sold his after the build.
i have a pretty good list of parts suppliers and have built an AK 74.
My build looks great as long as you dont look real close ( welding was a learning process but by the end had it figured out,( pulse weld as to not blow thru) Have fired my weapon to the tune of 800 rounds and this rifle works well.
Also I have a shop where lots of guys could be working at the same time.

I am ordering a receiver completed with serial number so if I ever decide to sell, it will be legal.
1 receiver costs $90 2-5 costs $ 84 more than that is less..

most of this is common since and patience ,,, easy to do.

922r can be reached several ways relatively easy!! Drop me a PM if you want !! we can exchange cell numbers and start planning!!!

Reason I got into doing this is my father built one( completely wrong lol) and I wanted to fix it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, enjoyed the process immensely !!!

I am not a fanatic for AK just enjoyed the process and gives me a connection to Dad!!

James H Mosier JR ... Rest in peace Pops.

Austin Clark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is how I read it!!!
Guys I have some homemade tools to press the barrel in, a cpuller to press the barrel out . A wire feed welder for those that want to build the receiver from scratch.
Also have a bench vise. As well as a aircraft rivet gun and backing tool, which makes the rivets serviceable but not pretty... also have a site adjustment tool.
What i dont have is the go,no go gauges for checking bolt clearance( friend sold his after the build.
i have a pretty good list of parts suppliers and have built an AK 74.
My build looks great as long as you dont look real close ( welding was a learning process but by the end had it figured out,( pulse weld as to not blow thru) Have fired my weapon to the tune of 800 rounds and this rifle works well.
Also I have a shop where lots of guys could be working at the same time.

I am ordering a receiver completed with serial number so if I ever decide to sell, it will be legal.
1 receiver costs $90 2-5 costs $ 84 more than that is less..

most of this is common since and patience ,,, easy to do.

922r can be reached several ways relatively easy!! Drop me a PM if you want !! we can exchange cell numbers and start planning!!!

Reason I got into doing this is my father built one( completely wrong lol) and I wanted to fix it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, enjoyed the process immensely !!!

I am not a fanatic for AK just enjoyed the process and gives me a connection to Dad!!

James H Mosier JR ... Rest in peace Pops.

I would love to do something like this. I just don't have the tools. If anybody does and wants to help me build I would be forever grateful. The only way I know around here is dropping my parts kit off at two river arms to build it and that's $550. Would be nice to gain the experience/ fun of building one.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am up for helping you folks out. It will be a couple of weeks before I have my weekends back, pretty busy at work.
Do you guys have your kits? Compliance parts is something you need to look at???I went traditional wood furniture, but there is a million different ways to go.
I completed my AK47 a couple of weeks ago and found it really enjoyable. Added a reflex site to both last week and took them out to zero Sunday @ Lexington WMA . Both my builds are running great.

Austin Clark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am up for helping you folks out. It will be a couple of weeks before I have my weekends back, pretty busy at work.
Do you guys have your kits? Compliance parts is something you need to look at???I went traditional wood furniture, but there is a million different ways to go.
I completed my AK47 a couple of weeks ago and found it really enjoyable. Added a reflex site to both last week and took them out to zero Sunday @ Lexington WMA . Both my builds are running great.
Awesome. I just need to get my receiver and I'll have everything ready to go

Latest posts

Top Bottom