OKC Gun Club Annual Picnic - Saturday, 4 May

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn’t buy a chance on the wall. How did they draw? Was there multiple chances or did you win all the guns shown?

I'm curious about this "wall of guns" , details please.

Well, I am not 100% sure on a few of those details, but this is how it went. My son wanted to buy a raffle ticket and I gave him my last 20. Told him to see how much the tickets were and let me know. I see him 20 min later, and asked. They were 20 bucks, so he bought one....they called my name while I was helping with the grill. So my understanding is, the sell 50 spots at 20 bucks, and draw one winner. The "wall" is wall sized banner with about 20 or so squares, each with a gun, one with $400, you pick your first 3 choices, in my case, a Marlin 336C, Ruger Precision Rimfire, and a Henry Golden Boy. They'll ship to your FFL, based on availability of their inventory. I wont know till it gets to Sooner State Pawn what I won.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of these days I will be awake during the day and get to go. Or I guess I could do like all the snowflakes and sue the gun club for discriminating against us night owls. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I am not 100% sure on a few of those details, but this is how it went. My son wanted to buy a raffle ticket and I gave him my last 20. Told him to see how much the tickets were and let me know. I see him 20 min later, and asked. They were 20 bucks, so he bought one....they called my name while I was helping with the grill. So my understanding is, the sell 50 spots at 20 bucks, and draw one winner. The "wall" is wall sized banner with about 20 or so squares, each with a gun, one with $400, you pick your first 3 choices, in my case, a Marlin 336C, Ruger Precision Rimfire, and a Henry Golden Boy. They'll ship to your FFL, based on availability of their inventory. I wont know till it gets to Sooner State Pawn what I won.

Yeah, the "Wall of Guns" is used by the Heartland Chapter of Friends of the NRA as a fundraiser. They are one of the Top 10 chapters in the country. Friends of the NRA also use it at the NRA annual meetings with a higher level of guns available. You should go to a Friends of the NRA Banquet some time. Tons of winning opportunities.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the "Wall of Guns" is used by the Heartland Chapter of Friends of the NRA as a fundraiser. They are one of the Top 10 chapters in the country. Friends of the NRA also use it at the NRA annual meetings with a higher level of guns available. You should go to a Friends of the NRA Banquet some time. Tons of winning opportunities.

My son and I actually talked about that on the way home from the cookout.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picnic was crowded this year! I got there a little after 1130 and the place was already packed! I had to struggle to make it to the table to drop off my Coleslaw Macaroni Salad. Burgers, dogs and bratwurst were awesome. I was a little disappointed to see several people doubling up on hamburger patties though ...

Got to talk with Mark Vaughan, one the newest NRA Board Members. Mark spoke at the leadership forum in Indianapolis during President Trump's appearance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom