OKC Gun Club Dues???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received my email answer from Bill and $300 is too much to pay for a couple of times on the range. I'd never get a return on the money and then they want a "cleanup day" which is out of the question since I'm handicapped. Usually a business cleans their own and doesn't expect customers to clean the tables.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received my email answer from Bill and $300 is too much to pay for a couple of times on the range. I'd never get a return on the money and then they want a "cleanup day" which is out of the question since I'm handicapped. Usually a business cleans their own and doesn't expect customers to clean the tables.

If you shoot frequently or you engage in competitive shooting, OKC Gun Club is one of the best deals I've found. After the first year the dues are reduced by $80 if you do a workday. I'm sure there is a workday activity that a handicapped person could assist with.

The club is run and maintained by volunteers, many who have multiple "workdays" during the year. Some I think may actually spend all of their free time at the club. It's those who volunteer to mow grass, rebuild targets, setup competitive shoot events, etc. that keep the membership dues low and a great value.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
too handicapped to write down scores or take entry fee money at a match? Like OKC hunter said, its a voluntary reduction of dues in exchange for a workday, and Id buy you a membership for life there if the club couldnt find something for you to do within your abilities.
This is a member owned club and with the attitude you show in the post, Im honestly glad its too much for you.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cookout they do, they gave away a ton of guns, ammo, and accessories. Same at the Womens's Fun shoot. Worth the $15 dollars for the lunch and free stuff you get, not to count the hundreds of rounds you get to put down range through tons of guns. Most events out there are like that. Renewals are also only $120. I didnt go but a half dozen times, but still renewing because its worth every penny.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I dunno how handicapped you are but I have a bad neck and back (car wreck several years ago) that really limits what I can do ... no lifting, not much in the way of standing around or sitting around for long periods of time, can't even really shoot that much any more -- hell, even the drive out there will cause me to have muscle spasms and headaches sometimes -- but we still managed to find something for me to do for a work day. I'm with these other guys ... If you want it bad enough you can find a way to make it happen. I've NEVER been out to the range (well, except for the shotgun range ... :D) that the folks weren't over the top helpful and willing to help you enjoy yourself and still get things done (even at work days).

We live in Bethany and have a membership at H&H but GC likes the long range range and the plinking range is cool. The pistol range (and the competitions they have on them) are a BLAST but I just can't do them anymore ... Still, our memberships are worth every single penny we pay for them, and the workday we both do because we enjoy shooting and hanging out with folks who like to shoot.

It's all priorities, man ... If you really want to you will find a way to make it happen. If not, well ... it is what it is ... Everyone has to decide for themselves what's important enough to make happen and what's not.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are correct, it is priorities and I need to do some! And Olyeller I'm sorry you have the attitude, work on it and you'll be a lot happier in life. You don't know me but I know you a bit from your post and I'm sorry for your post. And I respect the there posts about being able to do something, I thought it was weeds and seeds, drag off the brush etc. Thanks for letting me know I can be of benefit.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As this has been a discussion about the club and new memberships/renewals, my wife and I just had our first day at the range today as new members. It was a good time as expected, not crowded, so we only saw 2 or 3 folks. We shot at the bullseye pistol range, the silhouette range and the plinking range.
It sounds like most folks in this thread are members so I'd like to get some clarification on the different ranges and what or where we can shoot different guns. The orientation mainly revolved around the competitions that are held on each range and went by kind of quick which caused me some confusion. The booklet helps but is also more oriented around their competitions.

At the bullseye pistol range, the closest target is 25 yds which isn't real helpful trying to get familiar with your pistol, that just seems too far. No pistol caliber rifles there either, but no big deal.
At the silhouette range, we had a lever action .38/357 and a HiPoint 9mm carbine, so from what I could tell, we could only shoot the round metal targets due to the center fire caliber - no .357 Mag rounds though. The round targets looked to be close to 100 yds out unless we just didn't see them somewhere else.
At the plinking range, no center fire rifle rounds are allowed, so we couldn't shoot the lever action or the 9mm there so we shot our pistols and it was closer than the bullseye pistol range which helped.
So, do I have this right? I just don't want to end up shooting the wrong caliber at the wrong target and get spanked or something. Any other range suggestions on where to shoot our pistols?

On to the shotgun range, are those guys really all that grumpy? I'd like to start shooting some skeet and some trap at some point but crabby old guys can get......old.
Thanks.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
droff, I was out there yesterday also. I think there is a second set of target stands at 50 on the bullseye range. I don't shoot over there very often so I don't remember for sure. and yes no rifles or shotguns.
the silhouette range is very restricted and IMO needs to be opened up more. its jim fields second home and he calls all the shots on that one
you can shoot pistol caliber rifles at the plinking range or at the benchrest range. they mean high power rifle rounds at the plinking range.
and the crabby old guys at the shotgun range mainly just have a reputation. get involved and they are good guys.
take your lever and carbine over to the action side or the cowboy range and set the targets up in any fashion you please and plink away!

Latest posts

Top Bottom