Okc gun club question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First year member, been out there A few times, mostly to the plinking range. My question is, is there a range to shoot pistols in the 5-10 yard range at targets? The bullseye range is just too far for good defensive shooting practice.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First year member, been out there A few times, mostly to the plinking range. My question is, is there a range to shoot pistols in the 5-10 yard range at targets? The bullseye range is just too far for good defensive shooting practice.

There is a plinking range over next to the benchrest range. Follow the road around from the clubhouse back to the east, I think. It will meander around and go back to the north and dead ends. You will go past the silhoute (sp?) range.

scottstre

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both the bullseye range and the plinking range have posted rules that you can't go past the shooting line. Neither is suitable for any kind of action shooting without violating a boatload of their posted rules. If you figure out a way, I'm sure they'll make more rules...

Where you'd be better off shooting is on the Cowboy Action ranges, which are separate from the rest of the club. That's where they do the IPSC matches. The entrance to the Cowboy ranges is off of Hiawassee. The link below should help. Be sure when you get there to read the 20 some odd posted rules over there also...

http://www.okcgunclub.org/directions.html

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Go to the Cowboy Action / IPSC range which is located off of Hiwassee Rd. North of Hwy 66. The entrance is just North of the shotgun range on the left (West) side of road. There are seven (7) bays, you can find IPSC stands and old targets about. Generally you are forbidden to shoot at the steel plates unless you're shooting lead. Watch your distance to any of the steel plates when setting up and ALWAYS wear EYE and ear protection. I've have lead splatter from 15-17 yards at matches.

ALWAYS wear your badge at the OKC Range. NEVER give out the gate combo's unless you want to give up your membership.

Be safe and have fun.

LRP

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the Cowboy Action / IPSC range which is located off of Hiwassee Rd. North of Hwy 66. The entrance is just North of the shotgun range on the left (West) side of road. There are seven (7) bays, you can find IPSC stands and old targets about. Generally you are forbidden to shoot at the steel plates unless you're shooting lead. Watch your distance to any of the steel plates when setting up and ALWAYS wear EYE and ear protection. I've have lead splatter from 15-17 yards at matches.

ALWAYS wear your badge at the OKC Range. NEVER give out the gate combo's unless you want to give up your membership.

Be safe and have fun.

LRP

Thanks, I haven't been up to that range. I'll give it a try. I think that's what I've been looking for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom