1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

OKC Gun Club Range Options

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by Imatao, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Imatao

Imatao New to the site!

Recently got a member ship at OKCGC but have not had a chance to shoot there yet. Want to go out in the morning and do some sight in on my rifles hit the bench rest range shows reserved for a match. Is there another range I can use for sight in? The black powder range is 100 yards which is long enough for me but will they be ok with me shooting a rifle there?

2. TheDoubleD

TheDoubleD Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That is where I do all my shooting, rifle, pistol, muzzloader. . I don't know how find the other ranges. During the orientation the gentleman briefing the bench rest range did not leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling so I have never wanted to find out more.

3. dlbleak

dlbleak Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The BP range used to be BP, shotgun and 22 only. Those restrictions are gone though. There are no permanent targets over there so keep that in mind. The benchrest is reserved for a military bolt match at 1 today. Not sure if you could shoot before that or not. Oh, and welcome to OSA. Lots of good info and people around here

RickN likes this.
  4. k4ylr

k4ylr Sharpshooter

What time? I was planning to run up there today with a few rifles to check zero and then go shoot steel on silhouette.

The bench match doesn't take all day long and they are usually like 12-5 or so; but you could easily go shoot on black powder too.

5. chuter

chuter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm also a new member, that's good to know about the BP range. I was wondering if there was a range I could practice pistol at closer distances. Sounds like we can shoot rifle, pistol and shotgun on the BP.
    I'll bring my own target stand and keep it up against the berm.

6. k4ylr

k4ylr Sharpshooter

If you just want to use handgun, you can do the same on the handgun ranges provided there are open ranges

chuter likes this.
  7. foghorn918

foghorn918 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yes for handgun you can use the Cowboy bays or the Action Pistol bays. Action Pistol bays usually leave some target stands on the bays, but you will need to bring your own sticks and targets. I usually bring my target stands as well just in case none were left on the bays.

chuter likes this.
  8. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Don’t forget, if you go to shoot steel at the silhouette range...you can only shoot the round gongs if you are shooting centerfire. Don’t want to be “that member” lol...

foghorn918 and chuter like this.
  9. k4ylr

k4ylr Sharpshooter

We have a semi-new plate rack off the right hand side at the 550 berm now too. Just go easy on the chains lol. Last I was out I think the 6 and 4 inch gongs were gone lol.

Also planning on building (and leaving) a tank trap barricade out there for those of us that want PRS practice barricades.

SMS likes this.
  10. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Nice!!!