OKC Gun Club Vandal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So riddle me this batman...why do you assume it has anything to do with range space?

I go to USSA every week. If I had no regard for the rules like this guy...there's no amount of empty bays that would prevent me from just shooting up the steels. I go to the desk, tell them I'm going to the steel pistol bays...take my choice of the many empty bays then do as I please. What do I please? I please to leave the range in as good of condition or better than I found it so I abide by their rules of no rifle or magnum calibers on those plates.

I've never been to USSA when the bays are full yet there's steel targets in by their sign-in desk that some asshat shot up. So according to you, USSA should open more bays for someone to shoot up? That makes no dang sense at all.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is plenty of range space. I have never seen the actual range full. The area he should've been set up at a was just a little ways down the road. He was shooting at a silhouette facility. The rules are posted everywhere and what is and isn't allowed is posted everywhere. I'm sure he saw all of the silhouettes and decided that it would be a blast to do some damage.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can shoot center fire at the range in question, just only at the hanging gongs.

Range space is NOT an issue. I've been there on days where I started at the bench rest range and had it to myself, got zero'd and then moved to the silhouette range to bang some gongs and had that to myself too.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree the rules are there for a reason and if you can't follow them you don't deserve to use something. The club has to contend with a ton of jackwagons as it is throwing nails or damaging stuff because they feel we are the bad guys. And it would be great if EVERY target could be ar500 steel backed with concrete and digital hit indicators etc. But it's a cost vs benefit type of deal, the majority of people follow the rules and shoot appropriately and even if it was ar500 plate I can guarantee some jackwagon will come down with some AP ammo and burn it up.

One thought I have here is how can they not have it narrowed down to a small group of possible members. It should be simple enough that when your member badge is made your picture is on it and on file so you can't pass your badge and code off to all your buddies who will not give a crap about the rules and destroy stuff. Was out there at one point helping to set up for the state USPSA match and there was a bunch of 5.56 brass outside of the burms because someone couldn't be bothered to go to an appropriate area for a longer shot.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people aren't assholes.
I see where you're coming from but most people aren't ignoring orientation or the signs posted on every range and destroying property. This guy ain't most people so there is a good chance he's an *******.

The range must be fairly certain he is their guy. If he's not, I hope they go to twice the effort to make that clear.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...or he was a know-it-all prick who couldn't be bothered to follow, let alone read, the rules.

Blaming "range space" for the incident is a no-go.

The rules are covered in mandatory new member orientation. They are covered in the member handbook. They are posted in several places at the range in question, including at the sign-in desk, that has a huge sign directing everyone to proceed to prior to using the range. It could've been a honest mistake, but the cynic in me doubts it.

Absolute truth and anyone who can't, won't or doesn't think they need to bother complying with the rules should be instabanned. It ain't hard and if that's too hard for some then so be it.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best thing we as members can do is to police ourselves and watch for mistakes and abuses at the ranges. A simple reminder about rules might be all that is needed for someone who is making an honest mistake. For the recalcitrant idiot, however, a report to the board will take care of that member.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't the first time. It's not a range space issue, you don't know what you're talking about so, stop talking.

Every now and then some dumbass decides he wants to shoot the goats and chickens with his AR.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This isn't the first time. It's not a range space issue, you don't know what you're talking about so, stop talking.

Every now and then some dumbass decides he wants to shoot the goats and chickens with his AR.

Ookkay.....My point is to stop it from happening if you see it about to occur, or is occurring. Report it to the board if the member continues to ignore the rues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom