OKC Gun Club Vandal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OKC Gun Club isn't the only place with assholes shooting up the range targets left out.
I'm heavily invested into the Ponca City rifle and pistol club.
we have vandalism on a regular basis.
Our club leaves all of the steel, plywood, and paper targets on the range for our members pleasure. We have signs at each bay on the walk way entering into each, yet they still come in with rifle rounds on the pistol bays and shoot our steel.
Its only a few people and we don't want to punish the general membership for the actions of a few, but dang it gets really bothersom when I have to take home a dozen steel target frames a week to repair. I have other things I'd prefer doint.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not the first time this has happened at that particular range. People shot the target stands up at other ranges there, shoot the wrong ammo on the cowboy range, don't pay for their targets on the shotgun side. I could tell you stories of true dumbassery. If this guy didn't sleep through orientation and can read, he really has no excuse. Entitlement comes to mind. "I paid my dues. I can do whatever I want."

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a member there for three years and this is the first incident at this particular range on club property. It's clearly not a matter of "range space", whatever that even means.

There are multiple ranges to shoot center fire rifles at the club. The range in question is clearly posted. Not sure how the excuse of "not enough places/targets to shoot" is at play here.

I agree with you. The excuse is- rustedbeef likes to argue.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This is not the first time this has happened at that particular range. People shot the target stands up at other ranges there, shoot the wrong ammo on the cowboy range, don't pay for their targets on the shotgun side. I could tell you stories of true dumbassery. If this guy didn't sleep through orientation and can read, he really has no excuse. Entitlement comes to mind. "I paid my dues. I can do whatever I want."

thanks hoov, reminds me that i need to pay my dues...oops

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is what we get a lot of at Red Castle.
We find them because each member has an electronic gate pass which registers each time they come in. Also registers when they open the Skeet,Trap ranges so they can be caught not paying for birds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom