Oklahoma Army Surplus going out of business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fellow Tulsa area members: Oklahoma Army Surplus, 3942 S Memorial Dr, is going out of business. The owner decided to get out of the business and sold the building. The store itself is looking to close sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Right now everything in the store is 20% off the marked price. It just started here recently so there is plenty of stuff there.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gf and I were there yesterday, and we bought some BDU trousers, a range bag, and a canvas tarp, all indeed for 20% off. Be advised; I put the tarp over the outdoor grill on a covered patio, but apparently the humid air caused the tarp to start smelling like, well, milsurp material ;)

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, got me a range bag as well. A fox Field and Range Tactical Bag. Lots of other stuff as well. All sorts of holsters, ammo pouches, LBE gear (forgot what the current equipment is called) and tons of camping gear.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My gf and I were there yesterday, and we bought some BDU trousers, a range bag, and a canvas tarp, all indeed for 20% off. Be advised; I put the tarp over the outdoor grill on a covered patio, but apparently the humid air caused the tarp to start smelling like, well, milsurp material ;)
Thats the cansvak type waterproofing that smells.
Its a wonderful musty dirty socks smell isn't it?
When I had my surplus store, sometimes that smell would about knock you down when you came in after the store had been closed a couple days.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad. Internet probably killed it. I've been going to that place since I was 12 and I'm old. It's kinda like Grogan's Surplus for any of you Patrick McManus fans......

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will be missed. I thank god everytime I go through Eufaula to still see boy howdy. Its not what it was when I was a boy, but still a staple for many childhood happy memories.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The owner is 72 and his running buddy, who was a strong force behind the store died last year.
The owner got himself a new girlfriend and wants to travel.
A big name car dealer offered him a price he couldn't refuse for the land.
Almost all employees are between 65-85 and just tired.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The owner is 72 and his running buddy, who was a strong force behind the store died last year.
The owner got himself a new girlfriend and wants to travel.
A big name car dealer offered him a price he couldn't refuse for the land.
Almost all employees are between 65-85 and just tired.
It's time for him to enjoy the rest of his life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom