Oklahoma bill to criminalize posting videos of cops?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t watch video. See, we’ve doing a lot of things great lately. This would not be a step towards freedom. If you’re in a public place, you apparently have a right to be filmed, etc. It’s in public, so there is no expectation of privacy.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t agree with this, but you could still record anything in public you want. IF you’re mistreated by police, and capture it on film, you could still send it to your lawyer or family/friends for proof. You could even make hard copies. Having a video recording of something is still great proof, even if you can’t tweet about it. I hope it doesn’t pass, but it won’t be the end of the world. Keep on recording guys!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If doxxing cops is illegal, then doxxing everyone should be made illegal too
Quite a difference between doxing and a video. While you might be able to get personal info from a video (eventually), it usually takes a bit of digging.

Doxing is specifically listing someone's personal info (name, address, phone, etc.).
:drunk2:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, the bills sponsor said doxxing with intent to harm is the proposed law.

I'd say posting a video of officers doing their jobs wouldn't qualify for doxxing, but people are stupid these days and will admit that's exactly what they're trying to do with their own posted comments. You can't fix stupid. :coffee2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom