Oklahoma Execution Botched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public immolation sounds good
Why stop there, why not the bee scene from that Nick Cage movie?

I don't understand why people want to live in a society where the government killing people is acceptable. Its even more outlandish when people should be burned to death and thats a normal thing.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe the perps actions were do to low T

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Naa. If it gets too low ya get all mushy and Ur pecker don't wanna work. He should a used that defense. Confessing and repenting didn't get the result he was looking for.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Question for Ridge............and I'm on the same page as you are. Do you believe that all executions by lethal injection are torturous, or just the one last night due to the failure at the IV site? If the info in this link is true(no way to verify of course) the amounts of midazolam were incredible, so if were they given correctly, he shouldn't have felt a thing other than the initial IV. They tried to give him 100mg, states that Florida gives 500mg. My wife is a hospital pharmacist, she said that midazolam is highly used for surgery anesthetic, and it only takes small amounts during a procedure.......it's dispensed in 2.5mg and 5mg vials.
http://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-inmate-dies-execution-botched-005638821.html

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question for Ridge............and I'm on the same page as you are. Do you believe that all executions by lethal injection are torturous, or just the one last night due to the failure at the IV site? If the info in this link is true(no way to verify of course) the amounts of midazolam were incredible, so if were given correctly, he shouldn't have felt a thing other that the initial IV. They tried to give him 100mg, states that Florida gives 500mg. My wife is a hospital pharmacist, she said that midazolam is highly used for surgery anesthetic, and it only takes small amounts during a procedure.......it's dispensed in 2.5mg and 5mg vials.
http://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-inmate-dies-execution-botched-005638821.html

I believe that under the current opinion on capital punishment handed down by the SCOTUS, nothing unconstitutional happened last night. Scalia said suffering is neccessary for death, and death is a constitutional punishment. I'm cloudy on this though. I have a buddy with a juris doctorate and a few more IQ points than me and that was basically her explanation to me. I'm not the guy to discuss that with. I have many more questions to ask her regarding what needs to happen for this to change (she is on my side in personal belief).

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't understand why people want to live in a society where the government killing people is acceptable. Its even more outlandish when people should be burned to death and thats a normal thing.

I don't want to live in a society where the punishment for murder is not death.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Odious crime, odious punishment

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that under the current opinion on capital punishment handed down by the SCOTUS, nothing unconstitutional happened last night. Scalia said suffering is neccessary for death, and death is a constitutional punishment. I'm cloudy on this though. I have a buddy with a juris doctorate and a few more IQ points than me and that was basically her explanation to me. I'm not the guy to discuss that with. I have many more questions to ask her regarding what needs to happen for this to change (she is on my side in personal belief).

So she's Methodist? That will make Momma happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom