Oklahoma gunsmithing schools, classes, clinics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the basics of machining Moore-Norman has a short term course that I'm told is very good and well worth the ~$350 tuition. I'm well beyond the basics. Now I want to focus on the guns.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are taking the night course at the Canadian Valey Votech in Rl Reno right now. They are listed under the night course section in their catalog. We skipped the beginner course because it is very, very basic. ex: this is a revolver, this is a shotgun...... The advanced class is held in the machine shop. There is no course plan. You just work on what you want and ask for help when needed.
I like the instructor, and all the old fellers taking the class, but the tools are dismal. Plan on buying your own. One nice thing about the class is the access to the machine shop and welding equipment. So far my son and I have built a very nice 1911 and are almost done on a custom mauser. Even with my criticisms we really enjoy the class and are learning a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom