• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have been eating them since I was 10.
There were some good ponds in Moore that a buddy and I would drag a minnow seine through.
One drag would result in over a gallon of nice crawdads.
A few small fish and snakes and turtles every now and then.

We sold the crawdads to a bait store that was near Valley of the dolls for 7 bucks a gallon.
The guy would sometimes call and ask our parents if we had any for sale.
We would pull the tails off of them and remove the meat and eventually have a couple handfulls of meat and warm up the cast iron skillet ...melt some butter in it and toss the meat in.

Seasoned it with seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
I still eat it like that to this day.. so good.
That was a joint venture recipe that me and my fishing buddy invented in the 5th grade.

We ate those and bullheads after school many days.
That was our after school snack. OH and pickled Okra from my buddies house.
Have it all cleaned up before the parents got home.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Ya just gotta know how to eat 'em. DO NOT get the crawfish from the Chinese buffet, the meat is gray and mushy. The peeled crawfish from Wally-Mart is good. My wife makes the best etouffee for a white girl (non-Cajun). My brother from Abbeyville is bringing a couple of sacks up at the end of the month. We are gonna have a good old fashioned Cajun crawfish boil in the driveway. We eat 'em off of trash can lids.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well this is the classifieds so we aren't supposed to BS here but in grand OSA style I see that rule has been obliterated so...

I love me some crawfish, but boiled with all the seasoning and fixins is my least favorite way to eat them. (Suck the heads and pinch the tails)

Crawfish etouffee is probably my favorite, and lightly breaded and fried crawfish tails are great also, especially with a side of black cherry mustard sauce for dipping.

I also like crawfish tails sauteed and served over pasta with a spicy cayenne pepper alfredo sauce.

A friend of mine that lived in Metairie had a wedding reception in their backyard and we boiled 300 pounds of crawfish along with potatoes, corn, sausage and whatever else. A good time was had by all!

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Since 10? Heck knowing you you probably had em at 2 months old. Poppin their heads off and suckin em like a baby bottle
I have been eating them since I was 10.
There were some good ponds in Moore that a buddy and I would drag a minnow seine through.
One drag would result in over a gallon of nice crawdads.
A few small fish and snakes and turtles every now and then.

We sold the crawdads to a bait store that was near Valley of the dolls for 7 bucks a gallon.
The guy would sometimes call and ask our parents if we had any for sale.
We would pull the tails off of them and remove the meat and eventually have a couple handfulls of meat and warm up the cast iron skillet ...melt some butter in it and toss the meat in.

Seasoned it with seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
I still eat it like that to this day.. so good.
That was a joint venture recipe that me and my fishing buddy invented in the 5th grade.

We ate those and bullheads after school many days.
That was our after school snack. OH and pickled Okra from my buddies house.
Have it all cleaned up before the parents got home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom