Oklahoma magazine limits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey just to start out I do have a 308 for myself that i can shoot dimes at 100 but a friends wants to go deer hunting with me and the only other rifle I have is an SKS with a 20 round mag. Does Oklahoma have a limit on magazine capacity for hunting (do i need to get a 5 or 10 round mag for it). Please no saying get another gun I am aware that it isn't the best gun but it is the only option right now.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regs/deerregs.htm

"...Legal Means of Taking

Rifles: Centerfire rifles firing at least a 55-grain weight soft-nosed or hollow-point bullet and having an overall cartridge case length of 1 1/4 inches or longer (9mm rifles are not legal). Clips or magazines of all .22 caliber centerfire firearms may not be capable of holding more than seven (7) rounds of ammunition. ..."

It looks like the 20rd SKS mag is fine for OK gun deer hunting.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any other references I would just like to cover my bases. The last thing I need is some warden taking my rifles and my car. Thanks for all the fast responses guys, and for educating me its hard to learn all the rules for different states being in the military.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any other references I would just like to cover my bases. The last thing I need is some warden taking my rifles and my car. Thanks for all the fast responses guys, and for educating me its hard to learn all the rules for different states being in the military.

The regulation posted with the ODW link is all you need. Your only restricted with the .22 centerfire. Your .308 will be fine. If you want more, there is an 800 number you can call the ODW and talk to a person that will confirm this or any other question you may have about hunting regulations.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911 user has posted a link with the regulation. It only restricts .22 centerfire.

This.

The only restriction is for .22 caliber centerfire rifles - this is the absolute dumbest regulation in the ODWC - but trust me, its there (or - don't take my word for it, click on that link).

So, if you have a .223 AK, a mini-14, or AR, you're stuck. If your SKS is chambered in 7.62x39, you're somehow ok by way of our ridiculous regs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom