Oklahoma Self Defense Act (pdf)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its pretty bad when the State issues the permit but then restricts you from using on property owned by them!

If you think about where CCW is prohibited by law a lot of the places are where our masters, uhhhh, I mean leaders, regularly hang out.

Just sayin'...

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here in Missouri they have to post it with a valid sign. Even then, it's not a crime for a CCW holder to enter. It's an "infraction" if the CCW holder refuses to leave when told to leave, and a law enforcement officer is summoned. The penalty is a $100 citation for the first offense.

F

fredkrueger

Here in Missouri they have to post it with a valid sign. Even then, it's not a crime for a CCW holder to enter. It's an "infraction" if the CCW holder refuses to leave when told to leave, and a law enforcement officer is summoned. The penalty is a $100 citation for the first offense.
I wish that our law was like Mizzou's. I think that some of our laws are a little bit ridiculous. I just don't agree with someone being able to tell me whether or not I can carry my gun in their business. That should be part of my second amendment right.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish that our law was like Mizzou's. I think that some of our laws are a little bit ridiculous. I just don't agree with someone being able to tell me whether or not I can carry my gun in their business. That should be part of my second amendment right.

Businesses are private property and they have the right to decide what they allow on that private property. Your 2A right does not trump the rights of the private property owner. You also have the right to spend your $$ at some other location that does support your 2A right.

Saying you should be able to do something against the property owners wishes is the same as anti's wanting to take rights away from us. It can't go both ways.

F

fredkrueger

I have read over the SDA handbook a few times since getting my CCL. I have two questions that I would like to ask and if anyone has the answer I would really appreciate it. 1. Can I legally carry my weapon in church? 2. I am fixing to move into a duplex that is owned by the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Indian tribe. On the lease it states that I cannot have any firearms in the unit. I would think that this infringes on my second amendment rights. Even thought they own the building, how can they tell me what I can and cannot have in it. I know that they can control what you do to the property but I just don't see how they can tell me that. That is no different than telling me that I cannot put a king size bed in it. Just ridiculous in my book. What do you guys think about this??

Latest posts

Top Bottom