Oklahoma Self Defense Act (pdf)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the SDA you have 30 days to notify OSBI of a change of address. You are not required to pay the $15 for a new license with your new address on it, you just have to make sure they have a current address.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats the deal with carry on fairgrounds? The law seems to state that it cannot be restricted but the Ok state fair posts no weapons on it's website.

OK State Fair Inc believes that since they block off the grounds and you have to pay for admittance, then they can control who is allowed in. And we all know that no one has ever carried a concealed firearm at the state fair before so the signs must be working, right?? :rolleyes2

The ability to control who may enter a controlled area is granted in the SDA under 1290.22. However they seem to be ignoring 1277 that exempts fairgrounds from being prohibited places.

This has been their policy for so long, I imagine it will take a lawsuit for them change their policy.

Last edited:

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a list of when you can turn in the forms at the sheriffs office in each county? Or at least Clevland county
From the sheriff's web site

Fingerprinting and processing handgun license applications are done at 128 S Peters Ave in downtown Norman from 2pm to 4pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays only, except for federal holidays.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got my carry license. From the day I dropped the paperwork off at the Sheriff's to the day it arrived, 94 days.

Given the Sheriff's tasks and mailing times, OSBI process took just about 60 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom